What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS8 ipad2 update or not?

lastayt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iOS7 update killed my IPad2, I had to totally reset and recover it. I got everything back but it was not a good experience.
I am very reluctant to upgrade to 8 with the problems I am hearing, which really ticks me off because I upgraded my iphone5 and I love the new apps,gadgets and format.
In anyone's opinion will Apple fix this Ipad 2 problem or leave us out to dry? And what should I look for in a fix? Take Apples word or come back here and believe the real people?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If yu do the update that is your call I would upgrade via iTunes and your Mac or PC Yes some have had issues mainly due to lack of space on iPad 2 for over the air upgrade and having to wait for some apps to be upgraded but as for leaving yu high and dry I have to disagree. In general majority of iPad users are not having major issues. One must appreciate the iPad 2 is a bit old in the tooth and it gets to a point it is not worth upgrading. Ios 7 runs fine on the iPad 2 so why not leave it. As for widgets etc that you like save up for a later model update. Hope that helps

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My daughters both have an iPad 2 and after we went through the various settings and cleaned things up a bit it runs pretty well. Believe me, they'd be the ones to complain too. :)

Most reactions