IOS8 Sucks

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by pilgrimav8r, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Is it just me or does everybody else think IOS8/8.1 is a real retrograde step? I've never had a problem with my iPad 3 64Gb since I bought it - but since the update so much seems not to work anymore. Safari is so slow it's like going back to the Internet in Baghdad 10 years ago, it freezes 10 times a day and the screen gets so hot you can't hold it in your hand for more than an hour.

#1 pilgrimav8r, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  2. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you restored the iPad 3 via iTunes to resolve the issue ?

#2 col.bris, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  3. pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have restored it - several times.

#3 pilgrimav8r, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  4. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I ask any user to respond to this problem and may be resolve his issue.

5. James Butler

James Butler
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am finding the same problem with iOS 8 apart from the heat. I have an iPad 4 and it is now MUCH slower than it was.

6. jwt873

jwt873
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    With my Air 1, the ONLY issue I have is with Safari. Everything else runs great.. No problem with battery use or crashes.

But.... Ever since 8.0 was released, I find that quite often when it tap on a link in Safari, nothing happens. It's like I tapped on a blank part of the screen with no links on it..

I have to poke away at the link several times before it recognizes that my finger is there and decides to load the page that the link points to. This doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen enough to be really annoying.

7. moparherb

moparherb
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It just took Apple a while to catch up to Microsoft as far as screwing up a good thing. Since IOS 8 crazy things happen at crazy times but I guess Safari is the worst. And guess what I use my IPad Air 1 for most, naturally web surfing. So here we go, complain...nothing gets done....we accept poorer performance....some of us will defect. What a shame for such a great product.

8. pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Moparherb - I wholeheartedly support what you are saying but I wouldn't use the word Screwing.

9. jimmiesmith

jimmiesmith
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have an iPhone 5S and I'm ready to switch back to Android because of the iOS 8+ update (also, because I got a sweet galaxy tab s 8.4). I would have expected these issues when I upgraded my 5 to iOS 7 because of the major changes. Also, is anyone else getting tired of the same old same?
    My issues include apps not opening as quickly as previously (not just one second, but several), third party calendar notifications don't work, only native calendar and reminder(which is an unnecessary work around I had to discover after ending up late for an appointment), constant issues with third party keyboards, both Swype and swift key, and probably the biggest issue is the inability to maintain a WIFI connection. I've annoyingly tried restoring from iTunes and all the other lame suggestions Apple and other forums have.

10. hollyfielding

hollyfielding
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ever since I did the update I have noticed a problem with touch screen being sluggish too. I have an IPad air 1. Also, has anyone noticed that YouTube and Vimeo videos no longer have sound through the Facebook app? I did have sound before the update. I have tried doing a restore with no luck. Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.