What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS8 Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Doing something in landscape mode and only on a new device is bizarre, no it's lazy, it's slipshod, pure crass and my point exactly. I am intrigued Col.Bris that the removal and re-installation of Apps seems to improve matters? If you have the time will you explain? Occasionally I have removed an app because of a problem within the app, which did improve the functionality of that app - but why should that affect the iOS?

What on earth is going on - I guessing we all really like our Apple products or we wouldn't be on here - but no business unless of course it's hell bent on destroying itself behaves like this. An advert in the UK press this morning tells me that the iWatch is on course and will be fabulous, wonderful, super and everyone will be wearing one within a year! Personally I'd rather Apple concentrated on making the machine I adore work like it used too before it markets something else. I kind of like the analogy somebody made earlier - Apple have now caught up MS and are victims of their own success.

All I want, is for the machine I paid for and incidently, the company I work for, convinced to invest in, to work like it is supposed too, like it did before - is that too much to ask?

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ask any user to respond to this problem and may be resolve his issue.
Pretty much agree that it six. My type capitalizes a whole word instead of just first letter.
Also find safari slower and it freezes or just shuts off. Did a reset and think cap problem is a little better, but still don't like it.

bdpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPad crashed during installation of iOS 8.1
How can I fixed it?

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
You could try restoring through iTunes. Connect your iPad to a PC and go into iTunes from where you should be able to restore and download iOS 8.1

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Copying text does not work anymore, FaceTime just continues ringing, if there is no answer, the red phone disconnect button does not work. When you hold the cursor over txt to copy the select\select all disappears before you get to it - when I connect to iTunes it only recognises photos and won't let me get to sync anything - the list is endless - as I said IOS 8 SUCKS.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds as if you need to use iTunes and restore a "fresh" copy of iOS 8.1 onto your iPad.

It may help on some of your issues.

Marilyn

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Marilyn, thank you so much as always.

I have done that 4 times now.

Apple's official answer to me 'There are a small number of the 'older' machines (iPAD 3 64Gb Cellular) that are still having a number of SMALL issues with the introduction of iOS8, rest assured, we are working on update(s) that will fix these minor issues, in the future'!!!!!

My son with an iPAD 2 32Gb Wifi appears to work but it takes double the time to do anything - closes down on its own when it things get too difficult and on FaceTime if he switches camera view he gets 'Poor Connection' then it dumps him when he switches the camera back, as far as he is concerned its about 60% as efficient as it was.

My daughter iPad 2 32Gb has exactly the same issues plus several more albeit, her machine is chocker block with baby photos and vids. Now before somebody say there is a common denominator here (ME) - My son lives in Hamburg about 500miles away and my daughter in Farnborough, 60 miles away.

My wife has a brand new (six weeks) iPad mini retina 64Gb Cellular and she has exactly the same issues with FaceTime, in fact she has a new problem - she can't disconnect from a face time call without closing the app down completely.

Sorry, I still feel precisely as I did and said in my very first (Administrator amended) post. Its like talking to a brick wall talking to Apple.

Does anybody's machine actually have the full functionality they did prior to this upgrade. Has anybody's Safari improved? Does anybody think other than for the techno's that appreciate radical change was needed think its as good today, not in the future? I agree with previous posts about radical change was perhaps overdue - BUT IF IT DOES NOT WORK 100% DON'T SAY IT DOES. Aviation authorities that have endorsed iPad use in aircraft I'm sure will rescind this shortly.

Last edited:

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi pilgrimav8r, this may be no consolation but I am so sorry that you are still having these problems. I have searched what few brain cells I have to come up with a solution but have run out of ideas at the moment.
All I can think of is that, if you have not already done so, take the actual iPad into the Apple Store and physically demonstrate the issues. To be told that there are issues which Apple is working on is of no use or comfort at all. What you can rely on is the good members on here will also be feeling it for you and trying their best to come up with ideas.
Best regards

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Forgot to add, with regard to your last para, I must admit my iPad 3, 32gb, Wi-Fi only, does not perform as well as it did but I do not have any major issues at all like you experience. so, the answer is an honest no. Radical change is one thing, radical change that is retrograde is a definite no no.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too am unhappy with 8 and want to go back to 7, how do I do that please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts