What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS7 - failing apps

Viclanc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I have "upgrade" to IOS 7 on my Ipad 4 without initial problems. However, some existing apps fail to load, stick or "bomb" out. Very frustrating.

I would have hoped Apple thoroughly tested their new OS with existing apps before issue.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be useful to know if these are Apple apps (like Pages, Keynote, etc) or third party apps?

The Archangel

OP
V

Viclanc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apps are all Apple - no third party apps. On my wife's ipad mini there are programs which now opened cannot be dismissed. I am sure someone can explain the advantages to upgrading but it seems to me so far the upgrade is mainly cosmetic and has just introduced a load of problems. I wish I had not upgraded although I suspect long term there will be no choice.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apps are all Apple - no third party apps. On my wife's ipad mini there are programs which now opened cannot be dismissed. I am sure someone can explain the advantages to upgrading but it seems to me so far the upgrade is mainly cosmetic and has just introduced a load of problems. I wish I had not upgraded although I suspect long term there will be no choice.

To close an open app do a four finger swipe up (or double tap the home button) then find the app you want to close and swipe up through the thumbnail above the app icon.

Can you list some of the apps that you are having issues with?

The Archangel

OP
V

Viclanc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I know how to dismiss a program but it does not work on Solitaire but does on all other apps.

RoatanGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, also, have updated to OS7--with all bug fixes. In CG solitaire, you cannot change THEMES. Also, several hidden object games paid for via App Store now display only in portrait mode, not landscape-making the game unplayable because you can't see whole screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts