What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad slow? / iDisk uploads failing?

l.d.thomson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded my iPad to 4.2 in November but I've noticed since then that it's been really sluggish. It sticks when switching home screens, closing/switching between apps and scrolling through websites. Does anyone have this problem and know a solution for it?

I've tried restoring it several times to no avail, if there is no fix for it I'm hoping 4.3 will fix it somehow.

Coincidentally I'm having issues uploading files to my iDisk from pages when I'm finished working in them or want to move them to my laptop, it gets halfway through the upload and then tells me an error has occurred. Anyone else having this problem too?

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had no problems with iOS 4,2 iOS 4.3 should have no problems

iOS 5 may have a few but nothing drastic.

iOS 6 is where first iPad may become sluggish

Reaction score
Ipad is often sluggish too.

When switching apps, it can take full 10-15 sec, before the app becomes usable. Same goes for starting apps fresh.

If the MB number in the topbar is supposed to show free RAM, then I would assume that this has to do with too little memory, as mine is usually between 5-30MB and after an app crashes, the number temporarily shoots up to over 100MB.

Perhaps I need an iPad 2 after all.

Most reactions

Latest posts