What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad won't download programmes after changing to Ios7.

Bigal1243

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since changing to Ios7, my Ipad 4 will not download programmes from BBC Iplayer or Sky.

The programmes start to download, but is very slow, and after a few mins I have "download failed" messages.

Before updating to Ios7, downloads were very quick and I could easily put multiple programmes in the queue without a problem.

I have tried rebooting, and also deleting the Apps and re-installing, but I still cannot download programmes.

I have a full wi-fi signal, and my hard drive is less than 50% full.

Can anybody help please?

Alan.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to iPF and hope you have a good time here. Can you please recall and post whether the apps you mentioned have been updated for iOS 7? If it has not been, it may be the problem. Apart from that, I have also seen a bit slower downloading of apps than iOS 6.

OP
B

Bigal1243

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for your reply.
Will try to check the apps and try again.
Cheers,
Alan.

OP
B

Bigal1243

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have now deleated IPlayer. and re-installed the very latest version, but it makes no difference.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Delete the program from your Download queue and then add it to the queue again. Try to download one by one. It could be an issue with Wi-Fi, although it seems that you have a strong signal.

OP
B

Bigal1243

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Johanna,

Thanks for that. I was only trying to download one programme at a time.

I think I might have cracked it ! Just tried downloading a programme when in town on a free wi-fi, and it worked fine. So looks like my router may need replacing. Placing a call to Sky shortly !!!

Alan.

Most reactions