What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8 problems...

MemphisMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where do I go to report on iOS 8 problems?

Yes, I registered my UDID and I am presently running iOS 8 beta 2.

I have an iPad 2 16 gb and my problem is I have deleted all of my videos, music and graphics, and I have 0 free space. I have also deleted a lot of my apps, and I free up 200-300mb of spece, then the next time I look, I have 0 bytes free again.

I have done multiple power cycles to no avail. Obviously something is not getting purged. Who can I tell this to so Apple can get feedback?

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple only accepts feedback on iOS betas from registered developers. If you are a registered developer sign on to your developer account online and search for help on how to use Apple Bug Reporter.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can also sign in to the Apple Developer Forums with the Apple ID and password you used when setting up your Registered iOS Developer account. They have a section on beta software.

Planet iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where do I go to report on iOS 8 problems?

Yes, I registered my UDID and I am presently running iOS 8 beta 2.

I have an iPad 2 16 gb and my problem is I have deleted all of my videos, music and graphics, and I have 0 free space. I have also deleted a lot of my apps, and I free up 200-300mb of spece, then the next time I look, I have 0 bytes free again.
This is not a iOS 8 issue. It also happens in iOS 7. It is not a bug per se. Orphaned files may remain on your iOS device if it is physically disconnected while syncing music, podcasts, videos, or photos. This can prevent iTunes from syncing the iOS device on subsequent sync sessions. When this happens, the Capacity indicator in iTunes may report a large amount of "Other" disk usage for the iOS device. Try the procedure outlined below to resolve this issue:

1. Turn off the music or photo sync option in iTunes for the device.
  2. Click Apply to sync the changes to the device.
  3. Turn the music and photo sync options for the device on again.
  4. Click Apply again to try to sync the device to iTunes.
    If the 'Not enough free space' alert appears, continue to step 5.
  5. Turn off the automatic syncing functions for the iOS device. To do this:
    1. Select the iOS device from the iTunes window and click the Summary tab.
    2. Deselect "Automatically sync when this device is connected" and select the "Sync only checked songs and videos" checkbox.
    3. Click Apply to sync the changes to the device.
    4. Reduce the amount of data that is being synced to the device and resync the device. For example, if syncing your Music library exceeds the memory capacity of the device, choose "Selected playlists" to transfer rather than "All songs and playlists" under the Music tab in iTunes.
      If the 'Not enough free space' alert appears, continue to step 6.
  6. Restore using iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts