What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8 and gsm

floisjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last week I have installed IOS 8 and since that time my IPad looses the network with my GSM-provider.

My provider had already reconnected my iPad twice, but without any succes.

Is this problem a known problem with the IPad-2?

And is there a solution for available?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last week I have installed IOS 8 and since that time my IPad looses the network with my GSM-provider.

My provider had already reconnected my iPad twice, but without any succes.

Is this problem a known problem with the IPad-2?

And is there a solution for available?
Try going into Settings>iCloud>iCloud Drive and turn off cellular data for iCloud Drive, then restart your iPad by pressing and holding both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and allow the iPad to restart. Let us know if this helps.

Cellular data for iCloud Drive is turned on by default and seems to be the cause of the cellular data connectivity problems for a number of iPad 2 users.

OP
floisjan

floisjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear scifan,

Thanks for your reply for my question. After changing the settings as advised the problem seemed to be solved. But after some time the cellular data connection was gone again. I restarted my IPad again today, but after a few hours the connection lost again.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dear scifan,

Thanks for your reply for my question. After changing the settings as advised the problem seemed to be solved. But after some time the cellular data connection was gone again. I restarted my IPad again today, but after a few hours the connection lost again.
Have you considered making a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store to see if there's a hardware problem that could be causing your problems?

OP
floisjan

floisjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the Netherlands are only 2 Apple stores and the distance is to these is rather big. I visited a premium reseller and they advised to reset the networkconnections. It is now 7 hours later and the cellulair connection is still active, so the problem seemed to be solved.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the Netherlands are only 2 Apple stores and the distance is to these is rather big. I visited a premium reseller and they advised to reset the networkconnections. It is now 7 hours later and the cellulair connection is still active, so the problem seemed to be solved.
I'm glad your problem seems to have been solved. The solution may help others with the same problem.

OP
floisjan

floisjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry to tell that resetting the network connectings has helped only one day and today the cellulair connection was lost again. Even after restarting my IPad tonight the connection was lost again within one hour!

Most reactions