IOS 7 Ipad 2, 3 & iPHone 4s

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Magothy, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Magothy

Magothy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Recently updated our iPads to IOS 7.0 as I learned with the last update, Apple may appear to offer an update, but even if you don't do the update, one day you just open up your device and it's been done for you.

IPad 2: My i pad 2 seems to be running fine, but I have encountered a visibility challenge: the icon labels are so light I almost cannot see them. I found putting a different darker choice of wallpaper behind the apps made them readable. Challenge 2, similar problem: my email & other apps fonts are the opposite of normal not bold: the lines forming the letters are too narrow to see without additional light. (Feels like hitting 40 all over again!). Any suggestions? Next challenge: when asked to pick a 4 digit PIN, I did. I didn't know that every few minutes i would have to put in that dang #! I've countered with a 15 minute lead to sleep over the 2 minute one. Seems a waste of power. How do I get rid of the PIN? I thought it would be used in case of theft...???

iPad 3: HELP!!! It was running a little bit slow before, but on new IOS, I wait up to a minute for a typed letter to appear. I had high hopes when the patch update came through today that it might help, but it did not. What can I do?

IPhone 4s working fine, but it automatically updated to IOS 7 and now wants me to buy more storage because the 0.2 patcg is bigger than 1.3 gig, so until I pay Apple more my phone is open to attack?

NOTES's app: I liked the yellow page format! Once again, the print is hard to read. Surely I cannot be the only user who has trouble seeing the writing! Up until now my only wish for this app was that I would like to re-order the 'notes' by alpabetical order i stead of chronologically. Yes, I ran through the new changes. I did not see that as one of them.

Up until now!!! I would have fought like a tiger about the ease of use for both ipads & my 4s. Right now I feel like they unloaded an unvetted beta!

Since this is my foray on this forum, I'm sure I've put my questions in the wrong spot or attempted to ask too many, but what i loved 48 hours ago, I'm ready to divorce today. I need counseling!
    :rolleyes:

2. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi there,

Sorry that you have had such a dismay about your iOS update on your idevices.

I am going to move this to the iOS 7 thread for better attention.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

3. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I will be the first to respond. First please down load both manuals for ios7 for iPhone and iPad in iBooks I suggest also you read through the iOS 7 threads where we have answered most of the issues you are having. It is important to understand each device will index Picts, music etc etc and this takes time. Changing settings will fix most of your concerns. I am sure others will comment but I just wanted to give you an immediate response. Cheers Colin

4. abababababab

abababababab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    For the thin unreadable writings, turn 'Bold text' on.

5. abababababab

abababababab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Passcode is asked every time your iPad or iPhone locks.

6. 5er driver

5er driver
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Is this true? Can it be prevented?

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

7. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If your iPad is connected to WiFi and is plugged into the charger, the update will automatically download but will not install. To actually install the update, you still have to manually tap the install button in order for the installation process to begin.

8. 5er driver

5er driver
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, that's what I thought. I'll just steer clear of the "Install Now" button.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

9. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    To note, if your device's storage is under 3 GB, it won't automatically download even under the right conditions of wifi on and plugged in. So for those that want to steer dead clear of the update for any reason, clutter up your device with apps or just fill it up with some pictures until the 3 GB mark, and the download won't go through.

#9 willerz2, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  10. Magothy

Magothy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I did not download the original 7 on my 4s. I noticed there was one "update" and it said it "had not been installed because (& I reversed the amount of storage needed in original post. The size of the patch is 3.1 GB) it requires 3.1 GB of storage." I am left with deleting or purchasing more storage. Also, prior update from IOS 5 to 6 was not my choice. I had not liked the map changes on first iPad, so I did not update either. Apple took charge & automatically updated 2nd ipad & iPhone first to 5, then to 6 and also my iphone this time, as I had uploaded & installed on both iPads & decided I'd rather keep 6 on my phone.