What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 and Kindle on iPad 1

furiku sho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I have received a proposed update for kindle that will deal with an issue with the upcoming iOS 7.

* Since I have iPad 1 and will never see iOS 7, should I just ignore the upgrade?

** How would I get rid of pesky update badges of updates that I will not use?

Thank you for your time,

furiku

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way to get rid of the badge on the stock iPad is to do the upgrade. And, the new upgrade to the Kindle says it requires iOS 5 or higher. So, it won't hurt anything if you upgrade your Kindle app on the iPad1.

Marilyn

OP
furiku sho

furiku sho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that iOS 7 is in full distribution, I am getting update badges for most of my iPad 1 apps. Like above, I read that I
must have iOS 5 or higher, therefore; I can safely assume that up dating my apps won't hurt anything.

It would sure be nice to get iPad 5, my my level of poverty is keeping me with iPad 1 for another 3 years.

the only real difference is with internet connectivity speeds, crashes with browsers, FB app, pinterest.

Connecting to a flat panel tv works great and projecting videos from a Kingston Wi Drive allows me to teach effectively.

SteveGrr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A slight variation on this: I, bought a new iPad Air and, perhaps foolishly, erased my iPad 1 in order to set it up for my mum to use. Now I find I can't reinstall Kindle because only the latest version is available on the App store. Any suggestions?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A slight variation on this: I, bought a new iPad Air and, perhaps foolishly, erased my iPad 1 in order to set it up for my mum to use. Now I find I can't reinstall Kindle because only the latest version is available on the App store. Any suggestions?

The AppStore tell you the app is not available for download? Because I thought Apple had made it so that older iOS versions can download older app versions from the store...

Or - have you tried seeing if you can download the app from your iTunes? Maybe the older version is still there?

Marilyn

carbrad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experince on Ipad 1 is do do all updates and you will only get the version that applies to your Ios which was last 5.1.1. All the crashing started to bother me so much that forced myself to trade in my first day Ipad 1 without a scratch to Target for $200 and buy the air for $479 on sale. Hated to see it go. It has been so reliable and the battery life outstanding. Now i have a reverse problem as I restored from I cloud and all my older apps downloaded to my new air and the icons just say waiting two days later. They wiggle but no X to delete them. Tried reseting but the icons are still waiting. Any ideas???

Most reactions

Latest posts