1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 4 iOS 7 old keyboard?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by TheSagittarius, Sep 22, 2013.

1. TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Hello,
    I updated my iPad 4G to iOS 7 and on some apps I still have the old keyboard. Is it a bug or the apps should be updated to the new iOS?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    I don't think it's a bug as I've noticed you get different keyboards in various apps, including the default Apple apps (they even change color!).

And, maybe the app itself hasn't been updated, so it will still show the old keyboard. While Apple controls the look of the keyboard in its default apps, developers can modify the keyboard how they wish inside their own app.

So, if you see the old keyboard in an Apple app (that comes with the iPad), then yes, I'd say it needs reporting as it's a bug. Otherwise, it's the app and the developers just need to update it.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0

OK. Understand! Thank you very much.