What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios 5

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not interested in icloud usage. Just doesn't suit my style.

But, I'm I right in thinking I can wirelessly back up, sync and transfer media back and forth to my pc without a cable, over wifi without the cloud?
Again, i'll be able to upgrade my firmware wirelessly too? Or can I also upgrade my firm ware over wifi via my pc/iTunes?

Basically, to make my iPad a wireless device, but still use my pc as my main itunes and media dump, can I do this with or without the cloud, or both? ( I never purchase songs, I just rip my own CDs)

Also, I can dump Atomic web browser back to Safari as it'll now have tabs :)

YES, YOU JUST TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT FROM MY MOUTH! I too want to iCloud without that NASTY $25/yr fee (Nasty for me- $25 is not cheap in my country). I also like to sync via iTunes. I just don't like the long time it takes. I LOVE the OTA syncing and updating! I'm okay with most new features of iOS 5, EXCLUDING that STUPID iTunes Match!

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But, I'm I right in thinking I can wirelessly back up, sync and transfer media back and forth to my pc without a cable, over wifi without the cloud?
Again, i'll be able to upgrade my firmware wirelessly too? Or can I also upgrade my firm ware over wifi via my pc/iTunes?

Basically, to make my iPad a wireless device, but still use my pc as my main itunes and media dump, can I do this with or without the cloud, or both? ( I never purchase songs, I just rip my own CDs)

:)

You can sync and transfer your data over wifi with your PC, without the need to plug it in, and no that's not an 'icloud' feature, so to speak. So essentially imagine plugging your i-device into your computer, booting itunes, and then sync it, as you always do. Now imagine the same process, but without the physical connection to your PC with the cord. That's what IOS 5 will bring us.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
Me too! Even though my iPad 2 won't arrive 'till next week's Thursday and I haven't activated my UDID yet (Duh...) XP

My UDID is activated and I have a legal copy of iOS 5. :)

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Anyone having trouble restoring your iPad from a backup once iOS 5 is installed?

It says the backup is either not compatible or corrupt.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
Anyone having trouble restoring your iPad from a backup once iOS 5 is installed?

Im not there yet. Still got 2.5 hours on the download. HURRY UP!!!!!!!

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
darthluke12694 said:

Im not there yet. Still got 2.5 hours on the download. HURRY UP!!!!!!!

Wow. You must have an absolutely horrible download speed!!

And I am also getting errors where I can't sign in at setup, but thank goodness I am able to skip that step.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
Wow. You must have an absolutely horrible download speed!!

And I am also getting errors where I can't sign in at setup, but thank goodness I am able to skip that step.

My lappy (got that from another member :)) is tethered to my phone so running at most .75 Mbps. Got 3 bars. Come on verizon.
Going to bed. Just let it run overnight and upgrade after school tomorrow or in the morning so I can play with it after my exam. :D
I will be sure to write a review tomorrow!

Reaction score
Has anyone seen anything in writing that lists the other 190 changes they talked about? They said 200 changes but only talked about 10.
I'm interested in the wifi lease renewal bug, gestures being enabled without a hack, any improvements in multi tasking , and if the cloud music player will play in the background etc.
Thank you

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Has anyone seen anything in writing that lists the other 190 changes they talked about? They said 200 changes but only talked about 10.
I'm interested in the wifi lease renewal bug, gestures being enabled without a hack, any improvements in multi tasking , and if the cloud music player will play in the background etc.
Thank you

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

That's what I was wondering. Gestures are for real, no hack.

Most reactions

Latest posts