What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios 5

Reaction score
Link says "page not found"
Is this it ?
http://www.apple.com/ios/ios5/features.html#more
It does state 4/5finger gestures opens up the multi task bar. Is that what you were talking about?
Only 189 new features to find now.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Last edited:

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
I'm trying to find out if the rumor is true that app and os updates will just be updates and not total dump of the old and total new replacement and if the license renewal bug in wifi was addressed. Rumor beforehand was they are but the video I saw from Apple didn't mention them.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

It described as DELTA UGRADES. only changing the new stuff in the upgrade.

Could you explain lease renewal. Never understood it.

KaiHD said:
YES, YOU JUST TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT FROM MY MOUTH! I too want to iCloud without that NASTY $25/yr fee (Nasty for me- $25 is not cheap in my country). I also like to sync via iTunes. I just don't like the long time it takes. I LOVE the OTA syncing and updating! I'm okay with most new features of iOS 5, EXCLUDING that STUPID iTunes Match!

I thought it said sign up for FREE? I don't mind 25 a year. That's $2+tax a month. I spend that anyway on something fruitless? A large fry maybe? Lol.

Mountainbikermark said:
Is this it ?
It does state 4/5finger gestures opens up the multi task bar. Is that what you were talking about?

Support Our Troops!

I'm sure 4 finger is one. 5 finger is two. Swipe down to open notifs is three. Swipe up is four. Etc etc etc. I think Americans call it marketing.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

hazy2k11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if iOS 5 is as good as expected then the apple products will yet again leap forward from other devices availble. The one thing im looking forward to iMessage (bbm)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Is this it ?

Support Our Troops!

What are you talking about? Link works fine. :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
Yes I see that it includes multi touch gestures. What I am saying is that they are not included because they don't work on my iPad right now.

When I get on iOS 5 this afternoon I will let you know. Of course I already had it enabled in my iTunes backups.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oooh, man! I am so looking forward to this (from the Apple web site):

"AirPlay Mirroring for iPad 2: Wow your audience in the board room, classroom, or living room. AirPlay now supports video mirroring. Which means you can wirelessly — and securely — stream whatever’s on your iPad 2 to your HDTV via Apple TV. Everyone in the room sees exactly what’s on your iPad display up there on the big screen — even when you rotate iPad from portrait to landscape or zoom in and out on photos."

I got an iPad2 for my mom. One of the main reasons was so I could get her to watch Netflix and the like (so I could reduce my darn cable bill for those dang movie channels!). Yes, she could mirror onto the HDTV, but she either had to sit by the TV or I had to have one heck of a long cord for her to sit in her chair and control the iPad2.

Now look! Wireless! Guess I'm going to be buying an AirPlay...

So cool...

Marilyn

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just watched the video, some of the new features are brilliant, hopefully it won't have to many bugs when it comes out.

Most reactions

Latest posts