What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios 5

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Abdull1996 said:
Guys, anyone know a site that has empty spots to activate my UDID?

I think you have to wait there's a massive backlog! Your not allowed to talk about this on here I think, so just a heads up.

Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Link says "page not found" on my Ipad and phone
Is this it ?
http://www.apple.com/ios/ios5/features.html#more
It does state 4/5finger gestures opens up the multi task bar. Is that what you were talking about?
Only 189 new features to find now.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

What are you talking about? Link works fine. :)

On my Ipad and phone it said "page not found" .there is a "23" where mine has a "#" don't know why, maybe a Tapatalk error.
Lease renewal is when the router assigns an IP address for a certain length of time then and at a set time the device is supposed to ask for permission to continue to use that address or be assigned another by the router. Starting in 4.0 there was a bug that Apple admitted was there. Not everyone has the problem, seems to be certain routers are susceptible, mine being one of them.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

Abdull1996

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Abdull1996 said:
Guys, anyone know a site that has empty spots to activate my UDID?

I think you have to wait there's a massive backlog! Your not allowed to talk about this on here I think, so just a heads up.

Thanks for the reply and for the Warning.
I guess i just have to wait.

ipadshoeyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
I have only found a very slight lag on the iPad 1. But not severe at all. For example I found a little lag in the settings app.

Thing is is it worth the upgrade

Sent from my iPad2 in Somerset

Reaction score
Anyone installed iOS 5 and found any lag or bugs

Sent from my iPad2 in Somerset

I have only found a very slight lag on the iPad 1. But not severe at all. For example I found a little lag in the settings app.

That sounds like an improvement then. I have a LONG lag when opening settings now on my ipad1. A slight lag would be a welcome change.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:

Me too. More lag than usual especially in settings.

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally wouldnt pay for itunes match. It does the same as windows media player. Granted, it changes the quality, but to pay $25 for a few cds. bit of a ripoff imo

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I thought, but no one else will have it to use most of the features with you. Imessenger for example

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are receiving many requests on why some users have iOs5 and other do not The following will explain why and what process is behind Beta ios5

You can become a developer with Apple pay $99 complete the forms and if accepted you then have access to developers site which includes beta software etc. Be aware beta software is that rereleased may be buggy can crash and many other issues. Not recommends to install on your main iPhone or iPad as if problems do occur you could loose personal data. One can be added to a select number of testers which many here are they submit a request to have their iPad, iPhone etc added to the list that is then authorised by Apple through the developer This requires the UDID number of your device. You can down load an app that gives it to search UDID apple store apps

Some sites offer down loads free beware if no official registration then you can BRICK your iPad

Many new users really do not understand why some people can run ios5 and they cant, the reason is they do not understand the process of beta testing before the release to public.

So Beta 1 assuming as of yesterday is the first to developers.
Developers forward reports to apple after testing. Some may test only one part of the beta software ie like icloud. Others may do more many will test their apps to see if they have issues. Others will test the overall look and feel make sure it works according Apple's requirements.

After the reports are in Apple iOS area .Apple will again fix issues and then download Beta 2 usually 2 weeks or more later.

This process continues until Apple is satisfied that the new upgrade is final.

The last beta released is known as gold version this is really the final before release.
I hope this answers new user questions about what beta is.

The bottom line is be patient and wait for the release

One more thing we do not support users whom down load beta software without developers official registration. Why because it really is your problem and we are not baby sitters please understand that. We also as a private forum do not allow links to beta downloads again you may be banned.

I have BANNED 3 users today in iphoneforums where I am a super moderator, whom tried to sell ios5 beta software for a fee. . This is instant ban so understand that please do not be sucked in to the offers as in most cases they are scams.... We are also starting to have similar posts here.

Please read our rules

This rule is specific to posting links about Beta software

Rule 8a Links to upgrades for BETA software will be deleted. User will receive one warning. A second warning will lead to being banned.

Most reactions