iOS 5 or jailbroken 4.3.3?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Gubi, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Gubi

Gubi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    FOR IPAD2:

As you all know, iOS 5 is due to be revealed pretty soon (with an estimated release date a few months later) as is the 4.3 jailbreak. iOS 5 will include a revamped notification system, as well as widgets. The 4.3 jailbreak will include all of the goodies that jailbreaks usually come with. My question is: what will you choose to use?

(this is estimating that a 5.0 jailbreak may take around 3 to 4 weeks)

Personally, I'm on the fence.

*Post edited to correct some misinformation.

#1 Gubi, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. AtaRobert

AtaRobert
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't like jail breaking since it's against Apples rules so I will never do it,

3. Petes92

Petes92
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I'm using an iPad 2 and am dying without the jailbreak. I will definitely hold off on iOS 5.0 so I can get the free apps I've been longing for and all those jailbreak apps/hacks that really complete the iPad. I'll probably update my mom's iPhone though to test out the new features on iOS 5.

4. AtaRobert

AtaRobert
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I just don't get customizing with a jailbreak Apple ban it for a reason I just dont see any point.

5. nelson8403

nelson8403
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I think it depends on what iOS 5 brings to the table, and if a jailbreak is even out for 4.3 yet..

I've been waiting for a jailbreak for 4.3 for so long I wouldn't upgrade if there was a chance it wouldn't work on 5.0 but I'm sure eventually once they successfully jailbreak the iPad 2 5.0 shouldn't be too far away

6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    No one is making you do it. And ~ it is not illegal. And...it is very cool.:D

7. Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Actually at this time 4.3 is the only guarantee for the jailbrake and once that is out they will work on 4.3.3. I'll hold off on updating to iOS 5 until there is a jailbrake out for it.

It's not for everyone but there are a lot of cool tweaks and other applications you can get (some are pay & some are free) through Cydia. Apple is very controlling and if there is something they don't like about an app they don't have to let it into the app store but the developer can then take it to the Cydia store :)

8. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    There was a time when I was tweaking my PC to get every last bit of perceived performance out of it. Overclocked the CPU, experimented with different memory, swapped out controller cards or replaced a harddisk for one that had higher rpms or a shorter access time... And you know what, at the end of the day I introduced more problems to my system than I solved. And quite frankly, reading my e-mail still took just as long even if it was displayed on my monitor a millisecond faster.

The iPad does 95% of what I want it to do straight out of the box. I ain't gonna rock the boat (anymore). :)

9. brrip

brrip
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    sorry but why are you posting in the hacking section again? i dont mean this as an insult, but if you're going to take that stand you'll be posting this in nearly every thread here.

more on topic, i think it all depends on what iOS 5 is. as an ipad 2 owner, i really do have to choose between the two, and that's the best case scenario lol.

10. Thphilli

Thphilli
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry, are you an Apple insider or something? Because I stay on top of tech news closer than most others and I have read absolutely nothing about iOS5. Also, iOS5 is not going to launch "soon". It will come out with the release of either the next iPhone or iPad, which is what Apple ALWAYS does for major revisions.