What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 4.2

OP
S

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm tempted to get the beta but I figure it will be better once it's the full version/worked on. Wouldn't want to mess up anything on my pad. But if you guys think it's a safe/secure beta maybe I'd check that out. I saw it on some torrent sites before

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a wireless HP printer. I found it by going into the network settings and having it search for the printer with discovery on the printer turned on. Found it and works good for printing pics through the HP printing app. Can't wait for the full iPad printing to be set up. Will make life much easier.

Ok I need step by step....I don't see a search in network settings except the actual wifi....I'm connected to my home network already, where do we look for printer?

I turned on the wifi on the printer, then went back to network settings on the iPad. The HP Printer then just started showing up as a network connection, just like the wireless. So basically, you have to unhook from your network wireless connection and connect to the printer as your wireless network. Then it should carry over.
I was hoping my canon would at least show up....oh well maybe when this OS is official my printer will make the list. I hate to buy a new one when this is barely used.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I'm tempted to get the beta but I figure it will be better once it's the full version/worked on. Wouldn't want to mess up anything on my pad. But if you guys think it's a safe/secure beta maybe I'd check that out. I saw it on some torrent sites before

simply downloading from torrents when your not registered to use it can brick your device until the final version is released like what happened to people with 3.0 beta.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Ok I need step by step....I don't see a search in network settings except the actual wifi....I'm connected to my home network already, where do we look for printer?

I turned on the wifi on the printer, then went back to network settings on the iPad. The HP Printer then just started showing up as a network connection, just like the wireless. So basically, you have to unhook from your network wireless connection and connect to the printer as your wireless network. Then it should carry over.
I was hoping my canon would at least show up....oh well maybe when this OS is official my printer will make the list. I hate to buy a new one when this is barely used.
Sorry man, that does suck. But from reading the 4.2 info, I would about bet yours will be supported after the update. Just hold tight.

OP
S

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

simply downloading from torrents when your not registered to use it can brick your device until the final version is released like what happened to people with 3.0 beta.

Word. Well I'll just wait for the final one then. It'll prob be better by then n e way

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The folders are going to be great. The multitasking is not real multitasking and is therefore useless. The changing of the toggle switch to mute is stupid and will infuriate me, why would I ever need to mute the ipad THAT quick? Printing function is useless for me because the ipad is not a content creation device but rather a content consumption device. Game Center is meh. Finding text on websites? Yea, been doing that with Atomic web since I bought this thing. So overall, its a pretty meaningless update for me other than for the inclusion of folders. There is SOOOOO much meaningful crap they could have and should have included.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

You. Make. Me. Really frustrated.

The multitasking is ALL that can be done on a device like this.

Look at what they did for iOS on the iPhone. It's that. Plus a bit more.

What else would they add?

Flash? no.

They came to par with what the iPhone is doing, and I think that's a fair choice. They may add a bit more, and yes, the change to the rotation toggle is frustrating and should be user changeable. So I need to JB for that, it's something I'll live with.

Really - I don't get why you have an iPad any more. It seems like this update provides you nothing you want, and that you're just head over heels in disgust with what your iPad doesn't do.

It's not going to change to meet any of the incredibly high requirements you have set for it. So I'll buy it from you and you can wait until this mythical devices comes on the market.

Until then, it would be greatly beneficial for you to stop trolling, because that's what this is. There's a big difference between helpful feedback and useless hate of a product.

I don't like my Windows Mobile phone, I don't think it provides me everything I want and the interface is clunky, but do you see me spamming the various WM sites out there complaining? Hell, MS has barely touched the OS and has only made it worse, but I understand that it's not GOING to change and I've accepted that.

I made some suggestions, but constant negativity isn't going to get me anywhere. I'll just switch to the iPhone when my contract comes up. But again, I'm not spending my time complaining about it.

sigh.

Most reactions

Latest posts