What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iOS 4.2 Announced

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just announced at today's Apple webcast.

iPad will receive iOS 4.2 in November.

It will feature Airplay, Game Center, Folders and Printing.

Holoshed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Watching it now, very nice to be able to watch it live along with the others in the audience!

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about multi-tasking?

Oh yeah, that too, but that was more the 4.1 part of the presentation.

It appears it will be an icon in the dock at the bottom of the screen.

iPhone is getting most everything in 4.1, then 4.2 is all about the iPad and bringing everything to it.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multi-tasking is "the Big Kahuna" of all the features of the new iOS.

Holoshed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah but from the sound of it, 4.2 will be released for all. 4.1 brings new features but 4.2 has new stuff for all I think. I'm multitasking so going off memory.

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah but from the sound of it, 4.2 will be released for all. 4.1 brings new features but 4.2 has new stuff for all I think. I'm multitasking so going off memory.

He talked about 4.1 and then gave a sneak preview of 4.2 saying it was all about the iPad and bringing everything to it.

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I watched for the first part, had to find a wifi signal to leech off of. When he went into the music, I went back to my office.

Holoshed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still watching here because I care about everything, I know its off topic but the tv show and movie rentals is awesome, plus the size of the apple tv "puck" as I call it is wonderful. Fixes a lot of the issues had with the current gen.

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still watching here because I care about everything, I know its off topic but the tv show and movie rentals is awesome, plus the size of the apple tv "puck" as I call it is wonderful. Fixes a lot of the issues had with the current gen.

It's not that I don't care, I just needed to get back to work.

Holoshed

iPF Noob
Reaction score

LOL Sorry! I was trying to comfort the wife and watch this at the same time, and post that, so when I said "I care" I meant that "I am an addict to this useless information and I would focus on this even when I shouldnt" sort of way.

Just wanted to clarify it was not a jab at you at all.

I need to get back to work too ROFL

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

LOL Sorry! I was trying to comfort the wife and watch this at the same time, and post that, so when I said "I care" I meant that "I am an addict to this useless information and I would focus on this even when I shouldnt" sort of way.

Just wanted to clarify it was not a jab at you at all.

I need to get back to work too ROFL

No problem.

I was actually on lunch break, but when you're standing out in the hall obviously not working, nobody can tell you're on lunch break only that you're not working.

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see that the new iTunes 10 is available for download on Apple's website, but when I have my iTunes check for updates, it says my version (9.2.1) is the current version.

Should I go ahead and download 10 or wait until it becomes available as an update through iTunes?

Most reactions