What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 Beta 2 Download

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be curious to the reports on wifi, mail, safari especially on 3G versions as those of us on 3G models had more issues than the wifi only models. I'm downloading now, may try out this weekend.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like beta 2 Internet connection is back to beg fast again. Haven't noticed any crippling bugs. Air video now has sound but no picture, hopefully that will be resolved. I like the new multitask switch animation, ui seems a bit smoother and snappier too.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ah... I wanna try again but I'm going to wait for reports from 3g users. OR go for it on the weekend when I have time to trouble shoot.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed the update so now I am committed... or should be! So far (knock wood), no issues!

...beta 2 finally adds the full range of language support for the keyboard.
Yes! They now have Russian and Ukrainian!

Last edited:

young blade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can this be option-updated like the beta 1 if you don't have dev udid>?

Hi !

Im not sure, have not heard anyone optionupgrade with Beta 2 yet, but i hardly think that It would be any difference between the Betas.

You'll be stuck in restore mode if your serial number is not registered for the programme.

Thats not true...

everyone can update without udid... did it my self yesterday..

just download the beta, go to itunes and hit shift + update at the same time..

I repeat shift + update... not shift + restore!!

if you accidently hit shift + restore you'll have to restore back to a lower version 3.2.2 or lower.. when you do that youl get an error "1015"

dont worry... use tiny umbrella and have it to kick the ipad out of this mode..

after reboot..

retry with shift + update...:D

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are there any known bugs or operability issues severe enough to cause a regular, everyday user not to want to put Beta 2 of iOS 4.2 on his iPad?

It's your call but ......... Remember this is beta accept that and accept that it also will cause you problems several apps still crash many new features do not work because it is beta. Frankly unless you understand the above don't do it.

Most reactions

Latest posts