What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UDID: register or not

viveknz76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been reading about UDID registration. I am curious to know what exactly are implications of upgrading to beta version without registering UDID. I emailed a gentleman regarding UDID and he quoted that kiss your ipad good buy if you don't have UDID registered. He also mentioned that I won't be able to update iOS when the official 4.2 is released.

How much truth in it?

Thanks

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds more like someone is try to discourage you from "acquiring" the iOS 4.2 beta by some other means than through Apple. This forum has actually instituted a new policy of not allowing the discussion of acquiring the iOS by any other means.

If you should happen to find an "alternate" way to install the new iOS beta, it will not cause your iPad to catch on fire or melt in your hands, but be advised that it is a beta and there are MANY posts here from people who have upgraded and have subsequently downgraded back to iOS 3.2.2 because of some functionality issues.

Will a "cracked" copy of iOS 4.2 prevent you from installing the final edition of 4.2 when it is released by Apple? I doubt it, but do you want to take that chance???

Most reactions

Latest posts