What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 Beta 2 Download

viveknz76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 4.2 beta 2 issues

Well, I upgraded to beta 2. Now, I can only watched movies purchased on iTunes. Converted m4v format can be copied but cannot be viewed in library. Apple still hasn't fixed the issues of inserting images in pages or numbers.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi George let me try to help you … do exactly like i say please and let see if that work OK

first restart you computer and ipad ( i don’t know if you are in Mac or PC)

when both are restart.

plug your iPad in your computer

1) press shift (PC) or option (mac)

2) maintain the key pressed and them press update in itunes you will see a window open and them localize your firmware 4.2 and let iTunes do the job for you , normally that should work fine … if not find RecBoot 1.0.2 in Google download the one you need (PC or MAC) and when your iPad show the itunes symbol and the error message start redBoot exit and enjoy your device in 4.2 beta 2

PS: this tool also work for downgrade

I hope that help and work for you

Well. I'll be darned. It worked. I have no idea why it worked, but it did.

The only thing different between this morning's attempt and yesterday's several attempts was the cold boot of both the PC and the iPad.

Thanks very much for your persistence and patience. :)

If you choose to do your own thing that's your choice if it fails don't complain.
Now, you know perfectly well that you are wasting your breath! :)

Hi George i happy that work for you and you are satisfied … but don’t forget is beta so many function are not well implement … but for my self globally it work as i need

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any comments on 4.2's memory handling?

I tend to turn mine off and on once a day to keep my browser moving along at a good pace, just curious if anyone had 'stress tested' it yet and just left theirs continually running to judge any improvements with regards to slow down, etc?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any comments on 4.2's memory handling?

I tend to turn mine off and on once a day to keep my browser moving along at a good pace, just curious if anyone had 'stress tested' it yet and just left theirs continually running to judge any improvements with regards to slow down, etc?
I have had my iPad since June and I can probably count the number of times I have actually powered down completely on one hand.

So far, I do not notice any perceptable change in the battery life from the earlier iOS's to the 2nd 4.2 beta. But this is all anectdotal with absolutely no scientific testing!

Last edited:

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do not see any problems with slowdowns or memory management.

Delighted with most everything so far, although I expected some changes in the mail application that I do not see.

Ellie2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, new here :) was just wondering if someone could be nice enough to share that link and how to? I really need the folder feature :) if you cant well sorry.
TIA/Ellie

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does everybody's computer suddenly report a total available storage of 81.2 GB for the iPad on 4.2?

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad since June and I can probably count the number of times I have actually powered down completely on one hand.

So far, I do not notice any perceptable change in the battery life from the earlier iOS's to the 2nd 4.2 beta. But this is all anectdotal with absolutely no scientific testing!

I only really notice it with Atomic? :confused:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does everybody's computer suddenly report a total available storage of 81.2 GB for the iPad on 4.2?
My iPad and iTunes agree on the amount of available capacity --

capacity.jpg

Your unit is obviously defective. To save you the trouble of sending it to Apple, I will give you $1 for it and even pay for the shipping from your house to my house! Deal?

nikko1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help .... Uurrggeennt

I just got that, didn't know I had to be a dev, can't activate....need to downgrade...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your unit is obviously defective. To save you the trouble of sending it to Apple, I will give you $1 for it and even pay for the shipping from your house to my house! Deal?

Attached is the view that slays me.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 230

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Gloup’s you got the first 80GB iPad :D this will be a collector …

More seriously do you try to reset it ?? … what iTunes say concerning the memory size because this can be a Vista problem too

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Gloup’s you got the first 80GB iPad :D this will be a collector …

More seriously do you try to reset it ?? … what iTunes say concerning the memory size because this can be a Vista problem too

iTunes reports the memory size correctly using Windows 7 64-bit. It's just the Windows 7 file management that reports it with a huge amount of memory.

Reset does not affect what Windows file management reports! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts