What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction and a beginner's question

harryva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My forum name is harryva and my first name is Harry. I live in Mauritius.

I hope to visit the forum frequently as I am a beginner on ipad and wish to get assistance from other forum members to get going.

The first difficulty i have is with charging the unit. I do find a socket in the case enclosing the keyboard where I can connect the supplied cable and charge the keyboard from the power plug which is also supplied.

However, I cannot find a charging port on the ipad unit itself to connect the supplied cable. Could it be that there is a missing cable which links the ipad to the power plug?

Thanks for a tip from anybody who can help.

I wish all members happy time with their apple product, whatever it may be.

Not many ipad 2 so far in Mauritius.

Good luck to you all.

harry

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad should come with a charger - a small white cube - and a power cable that connects this charger to the power outlet of your house. There should also be a second cable that connects the charger to the connection at the bottom of the iPad.

If they were missing from the box, you need to contact whoever you purchased the iPad from.

Tim

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Harry and welcome
My iPad came with one cable, with a USB connection on one end which fits in to the two part charger or your pc, and the thin flat connector end that fits in to the iPad. The connection point is on the side of the iPad, on the same side as the home button.
I'm not sure what type of plug you need for Mauritius so this might not be very helpful, but i'm attaching a couple of photos showing what I have when all the components are separate and also what they are like when connected together.

You have mentioned a keyboard though...do you have a separate keyboard, or are you just referring to your iPad?

Attachments

• image-1640364577.png
    image-1640364577.png
    737.6 KB · Views: 229
  • image-3282004986.png
    image-3282004986.png
    682 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

karlwalker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harry,

The supplied cable is the only one you need. That is your charging cable, it charges from the adapter and from the pc as well.
Btw, I'm in Mauritius as well...

Most reactions

Latest posts