What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Charging Cable

Vettecor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the charging cable that plugs into the wall. Will a charging cable from a Ipad 2 work for the First Generation Ipad ?

Can I use the same cable to power both ?

The reason I am asking is I plugged the charging cable from my Ipad 2 into a first generation Ipad but the first generation would NOT charge. The plug fit fine but just wouldn't charge.

Thanks

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the cable should work fine. Is it an off-brand cable? Some of those prove unreliable. If it's an OEM cable or a brand name cable, your chances are generally better.

Personally, my husband and I had OEM cables from iPad 1 and 2 that we used interchangeably for more than a year, till we gave away all three iPad 1s. I still use two Griffin chargers and their cords, which I originally bought for iPad 1, to charge my iPad 2. No problems.

Most reactions