What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet connection problems

Daxhewitt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.

We have 2 gen 1 ipads, mine won't connect to the Internet but the wife's fine.
If I reset my pad it will open one or two pages and then it stops opening any more.
It does not matter if I open a page then closet and go to a different page or if I open multiple pages in new windows.
The wifi icon stays on at all times it just won't open web pages and when left in the hanging state after a few mins I get a message saying server not connected.
Both ipads are running the original ios
I have changed broadband supplier and router but my pad worked fine for the first few days.
Everything else in the house works fine, laptops and phones ect.
Anyone got any idea what is going on ?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi.

We have 2 gen 1 ipads, mine won't connect to the Internet but the wife's fine.
If I reset my pad it will open one or two pages and then it stops opening any more.
It does not matter if I open a page then closet and go to a different page or if I open multiple pages in new windows.
The wifi icon stays on at all times it just won't open web pages and when left in the hanging state after a few mins I get a message saying server not connected.
Both ipads are running the original ios
I have changed broadband supplier and router but my pad worked fine for the first few days.
Everything else in the house works fine, laptops and phones ect.
Anyone got any idea what is going on ?

G'day Dax and welcome to the forum. If your wife's iPad is connecting to the internet, your Router/Modem looks to be OK.
Try this: go to Settings>General>WiFi and tap on your Internet Provider's account. Then tap "Forget this Network". Then go back to WiFi and re-enter your ISPs required info just like you did when you first set up your internet account. Did that help?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts