What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with range extender

dlundy7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Dlink wireless modem, and a Hawking 300N range extender for the far end of the house away from the Dlink. The ipad works fine on the Dlink wireless. But when I'm at the end of the house that requires connecting to the Hawking extender, I have problems. The ipad says I am connected to the extender, but when I go to open a web page it says it is not available because I'm not connected to internet. The range extender works fine with my Lenovo think pad, so it does work. Visiting friends have the same problems with their iphones.

Any suggestions?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the same setup at work and have no issues, do you have a separate name for the extender? That way you're sure to be connected to the extender and not the weak origin. Also reboot the extender and/or go to settings and forget network then reestablish connection.

curtisboon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Range extender issues

I have a Dlink wireless modem, and a Hawking 300N range extender for the far end of the house away from the Dlink. The ipad works fine on the Dlink wireless. But when I'm at the end of the house that requires connecting to the Hawking extender, I have problems. The ipad says I am connected to the extender, but when I go to open a web page it says it is not available because I'm not connected to internet. The range extender works fine with my Lenovo think pad, so it does work. Visiting friends have the same problems with their iphones.

Any suggestions?

I'm also having the same issue (Netgear WPN824 v3 and Hawking 300N); my laptop connects fine, but neither ipad or ipad2 can consistently hold a signal (even with the range extender, router, and ipads within 3 feet of each other). This is really frustrating. Please help. I've tried forgetting the network, toggling with airplane mode, and restarting.

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had similar problems and finally solved things by installing 2 Hawking N300s. Someone also suggested using WAP rather than WEP. I also changed channels until I found channel 2 seemed to work best. I think my connection issues were associated more with the signal between the routers.

Good luck, it is so frustrating when it is unstable.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

curtisboon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I think I may have fixed it (my signal hasn't dropped in 3 days and is accessible throughout the house). I was already using WAP as my security setting. I did change the channel to 2. I also changed my available modes to B and G only, instead of Auto 108 mbps (not sure if that did anything, but worth noting). I'm still not getting blazing speeds, but it works fine all over the house. thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts