1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Connected But Not Connected

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by spacelord, Dec 18, 2011.

1. spacelord

spacelord iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a perfectly functioning home wifi network supporting both my Windows based PCs, my wireless HP 7510e, my iPad, and my iPhone.

The wireless ADSL router provided by the carrier malfunctioned and they gave me a replacement.

Now, everything Connects and works EXCEPT the iPad and iPhone.

The wireless router was and is configured with DHCP. I can actually see the MAC and IP addresses of both the iPad and iPhone in the 'active client list' on the wireless router.

I have reset the i-devices and reconfigured the SSID and pass phrases. Both i-devices show the wireless network. I get a full strength signal icon in the upper left-hand corner of both i-devices. I can see the proper IP address and all seems as it should be on both the wireless router and i-device ends of the connection.

However, when I open any applications on the i-devices, or their browsers, I get the pop-up saying there is no internet connection.

My internet provider insists it must be something on the i-devices since the PCs and printer work fine.

I am pretty 802.x and TCP/IP savvy, but am at a total loss as to what could be the problem.

Any and all thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.
  2. Pocobear

Pocobear iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Just a WAG, but is the firmware level the same in the new router as the old. Maybe just updating the firmware will work, or worst case downgrade the firmware. Otherwise ask for a higher level of tech support, and insist on a replacement router. Usually upgrading the firmware will do the trick, as Apple requires the latest firmware for WiFi to work.

Networking is black magic and sometimes you just need a different spell put on it for it to work. :) LOL
    • Like Like x 1