What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connected But Not Connected

spacelord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a perfectly functioning home wifi network supporting both my Windows based PCs, my wireless HP 7510e, my iPad, and my iPhone.

The wireless ADSL router provided by the carrier malfunctioned and they gave me a replacement.

Now, everything Connects and works EXCEPT the iPad and iPhone.

The wireless router was and is configured with DHCP. I can actually see the MAC and IP addresses of both the iPad and iPhone in the 'active client list' on the wireless router.

I have reset the i-devices and reconfigured the SSID and pass phrases. Both i-devices show the wireless network. I get a full strength signal icon in the upper left-hand corner of both i-devices. I can see the proper IP address and all seems as it should be on both the wireless router and i-device ends of the connection.

However, when I open any applications on the i-devices, or their browsers, I get the pop-up saying there is no internet connection.

My internet provider insists it must be something on the i-devices since the PCs and printer work fine.

I am pretty 802.x and TCP/IP savvy, but am at a total loss as to what could be the problem.

Any and all thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a WAG, but is the firmware level the same in the new router as the old. Maybe just updating the firmware will work, or worst case downgrade the firmware. Otherwise ask for a higher level of tech support, and insist on a replacement router. Usually upgrading the firmware will do the trick, as Apple requires the latest firmware for WiFi to work.

Networking is black magic and sometimes you just need a different spell put on it for it to work. :) LOL

Most reactions