What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internationalplan NOT working!

Edenky22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

Can anyone help me? I bought an international data plan for when I travelled to Germany and now that I am here, it's not working. I cannot call AT&T now because of the costs of international calling costs. Has anyone else had this experience or can anyone help me? I really want and need it to work, and if it doesn't I'll have to call AT&T and dispute the charges, which I really do not want to do.

The only thing I may be doing wrong is not turning on the roaming option which it keeps telling me to do. It says additional fees may apply, which really scares me. I thought I bought the international plan so that I wouldn't have large fees.?

I really appreciate anyone who may be ale to help while I am still here in Germany.

Thanks so much

Edenky

Last edited:

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Edenky,

I know nothing about your data/call plan, but when I go abroad and I use an international data/call plan then, and this is my understanding, under this plan the roaming charges are lowered in comparison to the standard ones.
Say you would normally pay 0.59 cents per minute for outbound calls and under this plan I only have to pay 0.39 cents. And this for 100 minutes.
And I do think you should turn on the roaming option.

By the way, if you happen to be in Berlin, let me know and I will help you out with a German Prepaid Sim Card.

Knut

wxman2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have SKYPE? If so, find a wifi hotpsot and call them. You need to purchase some credit though to make call, but it is a lot cheaper than calling them from a cell network in Germany.

Most reactions

Latest posts