What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canadian 'Rogers' 3G roaming in the U.S. ?

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Roger's 'Flex Rate' account --> http://www.rogers.com/web/content/i...ess_Eng-_-iPad_PrelaunchDataPlans_0510-_-iPad

This is subscription plan and not a month-to-month plan.. I was told that this plan allows roaming in the U.S. -- I'm heading to Dayton in May and I'm just wondering if anyone else in Canada has this Rogers plan and has roamed in the U.S. with it.. What were the roaming fees? Would it be cheaper to drop by an AT&T shop and pick up a throw-away U.S. SIM?

Crazy Canuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am wondering the same thing, now that its july what do you do? Rogers of US sim card? I think that rogers rates would be ridiculous, I had my 3g phone down there on a "travel" plan and the bil was over $200 when I got back. Please let me know, youforgotabout(at)me.com

OP
jwt873

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm back from my trip (a few weeks ago). I turned off 3G so I didn't do any roaming at all. I looked up the cost of roaming on the Roger's web site. I can't remember what the rates were, but they were much more prohibitive than the travel plans they offer.

I was going to stop and get a pay-as-you go SIM from an AT&T dealer, but never got around to it :) .. Maybe on my next trip..

spectre0707

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should look into Boingo. They have cheap wifi rates. Used them in Ireland with no issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts