Canadian 'Rogers' 3G roaming in the U.S. ?

Discussion in 'iPad Carriers' started by jwt873, Mar 18, 2012.

1. jwt873

jwt873 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    I have a Roger's 'Flex Rate' account --> http://www.rogers.com/web/content/i...ess_Eng-_-iPad_PrelaunchDataPlans_0510-_-iPad

This is subscription plan and not a month-to-month plan.. I was told that this plan allows roaming in the U.S. -- I'm heading to Dayton in May and I'm just wondering if anyone else in Canada has this Rogers plan and has roamed in the U.S. with it.. What were the roaming fees? Would it be cheaper to drop by an AT&T shop and pick up a throw-away U.S. SIM?
  2. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am wondering the same thing, now that its july what do you do? Rogers of US sim card? I think that rogers rates would be ridiculous, I had my 3g phone down there on a "travel" plan and the bil was over $200 when I got back. Please let me know, youforgotabout(at)me.com
  3. jwt873

jwt873 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    I'm back from my trip (a few weeks ago). I turned off 3G so I didn't do any roaming at all. I looked up the cost of roaming on the Roger's web site. I can't remember what the rates were, but they were much more prohibitive than the travel plans they offer.

I was going to stop and get a pay-as-you go SIM from an AT&T dealer, but never got around to it :) .. Maybe on my next trip..
  4. spectre0707

spectre0707 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You should look into Boingo. They have cheap wifi rates. Used them in Ireland with no issues.