1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

data plans Germany

Discussion in 'iPad Carriers' started by barberbill, Aug 5, 2010.

1. barberbill

barberbill iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry I first posted this on general discussions.
    I am soon going on a trip to Germany and would appreciate any ideas on the type of data plans I might consider. I haven't bought my ipad yet but am considering one with the 3G. Can I wait to get a sim card and data package in Germany or do I need to use Att and their international data plan?
    Thanks
  2. chesterhound

chesterhound iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Barber:

I'm in a similar situation as you. The research I've done suggests waiting to get a German micro sim. As far as I can tell, att is going to be extremely expensive to use overseas. The top providers for the iPad in Germany are Vodafone, O2, and Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile). It looks as though they charge around $30/month with no contract of course.

chesterhound