What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instructables for iPad-Cases

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made two cases for my iPad. I wanted to share the ideas here in case someone is around looking for ideas what and how to make one. I have posted the instructables on instructables.com but unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post links in the forum just yet. So search for the terms marked with >>> on instructables.com. If you cannot find it this way, look out for instructables from mike73.

I made a bookstyle case for "on the go" (similar to the dodocase / moleskin case) which is named:
>>> DIY Wooden iPad case

And because I like the design of the iPad and don't want to hide it I also made a wooden slide in case which is named:
>>> DIY Book-like iPad Case (Dodo / Moleskin style)

Any comments are welcome. :)

irwaffles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very impressive. I think I may give this a try, I'm not very good with tools. I had to build a catapult in High School and that was a complete mess. I've been wanting the DODOcase but it's retail price is a little steep for me. Maybe I'll just man up and try this one weekend haha.

OP
Mike_73

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very impressive. I think I may give this a try, I'm not very good with tools. I had to build a catapult in High School and that was a complete mess. I've been wanting the DODOcase but it's retail price is a little steep for me. Maybe I'll just man up and try this one weekend haha.

Yeah, try it. It's not really that complicated. I thought the Dods's price ok for what it is, but I would have needed it shipped overseas. So I just thought about how I could do it myself.
If you need any more tips or hints, feel free to ask :)

OP
Mike_73

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aaaah. Thanks for putting the links. I completely forgot about this thread until it popped up yesterday.
I posted this right after signing up and wasn't allowed to post links right away :)
I guess I am now.

OP
Mike_73

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I like the wooden one best, too. I usually use the iPad around the house, so this fits my needs best. I just finished an iPod car mount, too. I just have to enter a new instructable for that one, too.
A lot of commercially available products just don't completely fit the bill. For my iPod, I just recently bought a $10 mount for the vent.
1. my iPod didn't fit with the protective case (I got this to work though)
2. the mount didn't fit the vent in my car. 'Sarcasm on' Awesome 'Sarcasm off'
I should haveknown better as I already had an idea on how I wntit to work and look like.

Deane2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mike-

Congratulations on creating such cool cases. Have you thought about offering them up for sale on ebay or etsy? Many people like the idea of a hand made case, especially for something as 21st century as the iPad. I can't think of another case made from wood. I've seen a few made from bamboo. How did you choose the wood you used for your case?

Keep up the good work!

Most reactions

Latest posts