What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Install old versions of apps

Rowlandsfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have an old ipan mini 2, don't use it anymore but it's updated as high as it can and I want to.use it for my son to watch YouTube but I'd prefer YouTube kids but it won't install as I dont I have ios 14, is there a way of getting an older version installed? I've never had the kids version on there so can't go.to previously installed apps to do.it

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi I have an old ipan mini 2, don't use it anymore but it's updated as high as it can and I want to.use it for my son to watch YouTube but I'd prefer YouTube kids but it won't install as I dont I have ios 14, is there a way of getting an older version installed? I've never had the kids version on there so can't go.to previously installed apps to do.it
Under the circumstances you cannot download an older version of the App. What you can do is access the website version at www.youtubekids.com.

OP
R

Rowlandsfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There .ust be a way without having to buy a new tablet, I just want to use it for YouTube kids

OP
R

Rowlandsfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm g9nna try see if I can borrow a friend's ipad/iPhone and log into my account on that device and download YouTube kids so then on my ipad it will show up as previously download apps, those seem to install but ones I've never had won't

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm g9nna try see if I can borrow a friend's ipad/iPhone and log into my account on that device and download YouTube kids so then on my ipad it will show up as previously download apps, those seem to install but ones I've never had won't
To do that your friend would have to wipe their device before you could download an App in your name and it wouldn‘t work on your old Mini..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is possible to log into a second App Store account on an iPad. It's just messy if used for long, and you need to be very careful to track which apps were purchased on which account. They won't update, or let you know when subscriptions are due unless you are current logged into the right account Also, I would not be surprised if the iPad that you did it on had some account login issues later. Mine often confused be with which account It wanted permissions for.

It's been a long time since I've done this or heard of anyone else doing so. It used to be a common way for people outside the U.S. to get access to apps not available in their country.

Not recommended.

Also, it won't solve the problem. The App Store will not let you download an app that is not compatible with the iOS version on your device. It does not matter how you buy it. It won't download on that device. Given the age difference between the app and OS version, it is also highly unlikely it would work properly.

If the youtubekids.com site is not working in Safari, you could try other browsers. There are a few that are remote session on servers that might work. Puffin Cloud Browser might work. It's compatible with iOS 8 and later (according to the App Store). Some Versions of Opera might work as well.

Keep in mind that the apps actually run the browser on a remote server.

Most reactions

Latest posts