What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Install a fresh copy of an app I've already paid for.

jaconnornm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that an app that I had been running has become corrupted. I can't just reload from the App Store. It just seems to reload from my stored cloud version. I removed another file that I don't care about from my iPad and cloud backup. Having done that, the store no longer lists the file. In my purchases. Since I've paid $'s for the file I want to replace, I. Don't want to risk paying twice. Any help out there as to what I might be missing?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think that an app that I had been running has become corrupted. I can't just reload from the App Store. It just seems to reload from my stored cloud version. I removed another file that I don't care about from my iPad and cloud backup. Having done that, the store no longer lists the file. In my purchases. Since I've paid $'s for the file I want to replace, I. Don't want to risk paying twice. Any help out there as to what I might be missing?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Let me ask a few questions for starters: 1) What iPad model do you own; 2) What iOS is installed; 3) Is your iPad 'jailbroken'; 4) What is the name of the App in question; and 5) What do you mean by the statement in bold above, i.e. what does that 'file' (assume another App) have to do w/ the one under question?

Have you deleted the malfunctioning app from your device (and do you know how)? If the app has been deleted and you revisit the App Store, then the app should be present under your purchases w/ a cloud symbol w/ a download arrow - do you see that? Let me stop there for you to respond to the questions asked. Dave

OP
J

jaconnornm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2. OS most recent. Don't know jail broken. IClassicalScores. The file I was messing around with had nothing to do with iCS. I have deleted file from my device-it no longer is present on screen. Yup, application still appears on store with the cloud thingy, and if I hit the icon it proceeds to download the thing without going through the usual identity drill. That's why I think it's just reinstalling my corrupted program.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you re-download a previously purchased app by tapping on the cloud icon, by going to your purchased list or to the listing in the App Store, the app is downloaded from Apple servers and is the same download file as when you first purchased the app. What may have been corrupted is the app data stored locally on your iPad.
Here's the Apple support page about re-downloading previous purchases. Download past purchases from iTunes - Apple Support

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts