What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to take backup of only paid apps?

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't connect to my iPad to computer frequently. I am not really bothered about taking backup as all files I work with have copies in computer/cloud.

However, I like to take copies of paid apps (which I'm going to buy soon) so that if I iPad crashes, I don't end up paying for them again.

What is the easiest way to do this. I understand that I need to plug it to iTunes but what next?

Thanx

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can download paid apps again without paying for them. iTunes remembers which apps you have paid for and, if you try to download them again, you won't be charged.

Tim

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can download paid apps again without paying for them. iTunes remembers which apps you have paid for and, if you try to download them again, you won't be charged.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Is there a way that I can see what apps I once bought? Specifically needed for my Iphone 3G. Did so many jailbreaks and updates that I do not even remember if I still have all the apps on my IMac.

regards,

Jan

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim

Hi Tim,

Is there a way that I can see what apps I once bought? Specifically needed for my Iphone 3G. Did so many jailbreaks and updates that I do not even remember if I still have all the apps on my IMac.

regards,

Jan

It's no problem. You can do this from iTunes on a PC or Mac. This article from Apple is a step-by-step account of how to do this

iTunes Store & Mac App Store: Seeing your purchase history and order numbers

Tim

OP
M

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But still, how do I take back up of only selected apps? Sometimes apps may be removed from app store so I only can restore from my backup.

Thanx

OP
M

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But I see only few IPA files there even after taking a full backup of my iPad.

Most reactions