What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In sleep mode, no skype notification sound/bubble

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear that things got sorted for you. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

And, even though we were of NO assistance on this issue, please hang around. We're a pretty nice bunch of folk.

Marilyn

OP
I

islandman

Yay! Glad to hear that things got sorted for you. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

And, even though we were of NO assistance on this issue, please hang around. We're a pretty nice bunch of folk.

Marilyn

Actually I am not entirely convinced it is right yet. Just had a call from son-in-law to say my daughter is trying to skype me and I'm not answering. I made another change, then it did ring and we skyped, but I want to be totally sure I have it set right.
So, let me explain how my settings are:-

Settings>Notification Centre>Skype

At the top are three diagrams, None/Banners/Alerts.Alerts is highlighted with circle round name.

Badge Icon=Live
Sounds =live
Alerts
Show in Notification Centre =Live
Include 5 recent items
Show on Lock Screen = Live

However, I have removed the Password now, and enter via a swipe,

Does this sound right to you? When I was told the call wasn't coming through, I looked at settings and Show in Notification Centre was off/greyed out, so made it live, then call came through. Was that the reason do you think?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have/use Skype. But - from what I know of iPad notifications, it looks like, to me, you've got it set up the way it needs to be.

Did you try having someone call you again after you made the last change - just to make sure?

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
OP
I

islandman

I'd just like to point out that Skype has support pages for their iPad app. If we aren't able to help you it wouldn't hurt to try the more direct approach (if you haven't already).

Here is what they say about notifications: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12404/how-do-i-manage-skype-notifications-on-ios

Like Marilyn, I don't use Skype, so I can't add any real-experience advice.

Good luck.

D save
Thanks both. When I am up (still in bed) I'll have a look at support pages and save them. Everything has happened quickly and hoped there would be a quick reply. Fairly new to much of this and only started using skype days ago, with only two people I know using it, so limited really.

Most reactions

Latest posts