What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

geoff3683

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any ideas how to get Skype to alert me by sound when I receive a call. At the moment I get an alert, but if I fail to see it I will miss the call.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is Sounds enabled in Settings - Notification Center - Include - Skype?

OP
G

geoff3683

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A.
Yes to all. The topmost section, alert style, is set to 'none' but I have tried the other two as well.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not the topmost section that my post was refering to, but here:

image-4105984415.jpg

This is FaceTime, but Skype has this setting as well. If there's no sound enabled, you won't hear an incoming call.

OP
G

geoff3683

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this setting in face time,, but in the Skype page there is simply a button either on or off for sounds. There is no choice as in face time, of any sort. Skype is still silent
Geoff

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To show the correct app: in Skype, it looks like this:

image-3123937837.jpg

Do you have "Do Not Disturb" enabled?

Last edited:
OP
G

geoff3683

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JA
Thanks for your patience. The settings page is set as per your message. Do not disturb is not enabled. Still no joy. I think I'm going to cry!
Geoff

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you hear other notifications? Maybe your iPad is muted. Try toggling the side switch or open the control center to look at the settings there. Try to turn up the volume (buttons or control center, left).

Last edited:
OP
G

geoff3683

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sound in general is very good (I tunes, you tube, and face time etc) it is just Skype that is staying silent. Skype itself is working perfectly if I call out or notice an alert message flashing.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea what else to do but delete the app from your device and reinstall it.

OP
G

geoff3683

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JA
Thanks for your assistance. Nothing seems to have worked, will go into apple store and advice from them. Will let you what the outcome is.
Geoff

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry that nothing worked so far. I hope they'll find the solution. Good luck!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Geoff, Johanna's thorough investigations have centred on the iPad side of things. Sorry if you had already thought of it, but have you looked at Sounds from the Skype side? E.g. In Skype look at Tools>Options>Sounds and ferret around there. Have Sounds been muted? Or can you choose a sound type and is it played back? It's just possible you may have to reset Skype settings themselves.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts