What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In IOS 11 iPad, how to rearrange complete screens?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In IOS 11 iPad, how to rearrange screens? That function has been removed from iTunes! - Thanks, Bob
You have to do it on the iPad itself as iTunes 12.7 has removed the App Store and the ability sync apps to your iPad and rearrange your home screens.

OP
Imageman

Imageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I know the function was removed from iTunes as I mentioned in my post. So how does one rearrange screens on the iPad itself?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I know the function was removed from iTunes as I mentioned in my post. So how does one rearrange screens on the iPad itself?

Well, you'll have to do your app/home screen rearrangements a step and a folder at a time, i.e. moving and dragging apps individually and making folders the 'ole way' - this is a major 'loss of function' from iTunes that has received a lot of complaints, sorry - will Apple address this in an update to iOS and/or iTunes - don't know? Will an 'app' appear that addresses this situation - don't know? Download the iOS 11 manual and do some googling, e.g. check this Article - not much help but you're not alone - Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A quick tip for moving apps to different home screens on the iPad.

Create a folder using the first couple of apps, then place the folder in the dock. You can now drag all the othe apps you want to move to the folder in the dock (from multiple home screens), swipe to the destination home screen and drag the apps back out of the dock folder.

It’s not worth the trouble to move one or two apps, but if you’re doing wholesale re-arranging, it can save a lot of time.

Similarly, if you are collecting apps from multiple home screens to keep in a folder, you can add apps to a folder in the dock until it is complete, then drag the folder to the home screen where you want to keep it.

Last edited:
OP
Imageman

Imageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A quick tip for moving apps to different home screens on the iPad.

Create a folder using the first couple of apps, then place the folder in the dock. You can now drag all the othe apps you want to move to the folder in the dock (from multiple home screens), swipe to the destination home screen and drag the apps back out of the dock folder.

It’s not worth the trouble to move one or two apps, but if you’re doing wholesale re-arranging, it can save a lot of time.

Similarly, if you are collecting apps from multiple home screens to keep in a folder, you can add apps to a folder in the dock until it is complete, then drag the folder to the home screen where you want to keep it.

Thanks for the great idea!-IM

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dropping apps into folders can be tricky and frustrating, so don't give up if they just go poof the first dozen times. I haven't yet figured out the failure mode, but eventually I manage to succeed through persistence. Sometimes it seems to work better if the app is pressed long enough to make it jiggle. Sometimes not. The whole touch system behaves differently on my Pro 9.7 in iOS 11.

Atindra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I arrange manually, in my way. Like to have clear screen to have better view of my wallpaper. I have made folders like “Entertainment “ it includes my music and movies/TV shows apps. My social folder contains all social media networking apps. And so on. I find is easier and more flexible way of arranging.

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone really answered your question, but to reorganize your apps, lightly press and hold an app until it starts wiggling. Then you can move them around at will.

I try and keep only those apps I use frequently on the home screen. Others are in folders on the second screen. I use the search function for any app I don't use from the home screen.

OP
Imageman

Imageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Scotty - That’s basically what I’m doing now, but I do hope Apple makes this easier, similar to the way it was on iTunes - Best, IM

Most reactions

Latest posts