What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMovie

nightowl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I select multiple pics in iMovie on the iPad 7th generation? I have 1600 pics I’d like to add for a time lapse but can only select one at a time.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Strange. Selecting more than one should just be a matter of tapping on each image. A blue check in the bottom right corner will let you know it is selected.

Unless you mean selecting an entire folder or album at once, in which case I don’t know of a way to do so, and suspect there isn’t one.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Opps. Looks like multi selection is only available when you create the movie. Once the movie is created, you can only add one photo at a time.

Start a new movie, choose Photos in the left column and select all the pictures you want, then tap Create Movie at the bottom of the screen. It creates a Ken Burns type slide show, which I doubt is what you want. There doesn’t seem to be a way to tweak this.

You may need to use a different app to do what you want. A search for ‘Time Lapse’ in the App Store shows several possibilities.

Most reactions