What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMovie won't allow me to edit project - frozen

yadjones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iMovie has taken months of work for my class.It played brilliantly on Friday - but when I opened it yesterday for a final check before export a few of the sound clips had moved/overlapped - when I tried to correct these it the iMovie stopped working. It appears in the project page - but only as a black page. When I click on edit - the storyboard appears (all clips etc)- but again no image in the large screen in the middle. It won't let me do anything - I created some other projects - as a trial and they all work. Please can someone give me some step by step advice on what I can try,

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could try force quitting iMovie. Double tap the home button to show all the Apps which are running, and then slide the iMovie App upwards to force shut it down.
If that doesn't help, you could try a hard reset of your iPad. Hold the Home Button and the Power Button down until the Apple logo appears, then let go. After a slight pause the iPad will reboot and you will see the home screen

OP
Y

yadjones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could try force quitting iMovie. Double tap the home button to show all the Apps which are running, and then slide the iMovie App upwards to force shut it down.
If that doesn't help, you could try a hard reset of your iPad. Hold the Home Button and the Power Button down until the Apple logo appears, then let go. After a slight pause the iPad will reboot and you will see the home screen

OP
Y

yadjones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice - Il give those a try.

Most reactions

Latest posts