What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMovie beginner questions

Reaction score
I have just shot a shot clip on the iPad 2 and opened it in iMovie. But that is about it. I cannot do any editing, such as taking out parts of a clip. The timeline only let's me move the start and end points of the clip. But I want to take out a piece from the middle, I figured this would have to be done via the precision editor, but that doesn't open with a reverse pinch, so it only shows the standard timeline.

I have tried to cut the clip, then add the same full length clip again to cut it to the next section, but a clip can only be added once.

Would someone know how to achieve this?

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reverse pitch only work if you have different clips in the same project

To cut a single project just click on it then click on the right most yellow circle and resize it

and yay late reply lol

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have just shot a shot clip on the iPad 2 and opened it in iMovie. But that is about it. I cannot do any editing, such as taking out parts of a clip. The timeline only let's me move the start and end points of the clip. But I want to take out a piece from the middle, I figured this would have to be done via the precision editor, but that doesn't open with a reverse pinch, so it only shows the standard timeline.

I have tried to cut the clip, then add the same full length clip again to cut it to the next section, but a clip can only be added once.

Would someone know how to achieve this?

So if I understand correctly you have a vid but want to cut a piece out of the middle?
When clip is highlighted in imovie...place the red verticle line at the point where you want to make first slice. Then drag downward with finger on the red line and it should cut the clip at this point. Then repeat for the 2nd slice...double tap middle clip and delete.

Hope that helps and didn't confuse you more...

Most reactions

Latest posts