What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete video clips that were imported

iPad2Lyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used an ipod to take some videos. Then transferred them to my pc. Then I must have connected my ipad 2 to the pc to import the clips, so that I could use them in iMovie. Now I need to delete these video clips from the iPad to free up memory.

If I tap on Photos, it opens Albums. I see my Carema Roll and a folder I must have titled Videos. In it are these video clips I want to delete. But when I tap Select, and select a clip, the trash can icon is grayed out.

I've tried connecting ipad to the pc/itunes, and still can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

You'll have to delete the videos using iTunes on your computer.

To delete synced photos and videos from your device
In iTunes, click the Device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper-right corner first.)
Click the Photos tab in the resulting window.
Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
Note: To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
Click Apply.
(Apple Support)

Hope that helps.

OP
I

iPad2Lyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, that worked! I am guessing this is the way I synced/added the clips in the first place. This is my first Apple product ever and still trying to wrap my brain around how they make everything work. I plan to dump my old pc for a mac, and my samsung galaxy phone for an iphone someday and have it all on one platform, because I love the ipad!

Thanks again!!

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, that worked! I am guessing this is the way I synced/added the clips in the first place. This is my first Apple product ever and still trying to wrap my brain around how they make everything work. I plan to dump my old pc for a mac, and my samsung galaxy phone for an iphone someday and have it all on one platform, because I love the ipad! Thanks again!!

Congrats on getting an iPad, its one of the best devices I have ever used. iPhone is also a powerful beauty.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, that worked! I am guessing this is the way I synced/added the clips in the first place. This is my first Apple product ever and still trying to wrap my brain around how they make everything work. I plan to dump my old pc for a mac, and my samsung galaxy phone for an iphone someday and have it all on one platform, because I love the ipad! Thanks again!!
Glad to help.

Most reactions

Latest posts