What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage dates jumbled

Michaeljordan66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

After the recent update to IOS 8.4.1 my iPad has synced lots of old messages from a while ago with ones from more recent dates and mixed them all together. This doesn't seem to effect all my messages just a number of contacts such as email specific or contact specific ones (others remain unchanged and accurate). It has also begun to crash when loading these messages as well as other common apple apps such as iTunes freezing and resorting me to have to do a soft reset to undo.It has also managed to sync contacts from years ago who were deleted/ blocked on old devices.

This was updated in isolation and not through a Mac book or Laptop FYI.

I have also found a marked reduction in battery life overall with the new update and wondered if anyone could provide any support in helping me to sort this out because its really annoying!!!

Thanks

Mike

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a computer available to do the update over again through iTunes? What you're experiencing is not typical and could be the result of a corrupted iOS update.

Most reactions