1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Cellular iPad Mini and iPad Fourth-Gen Get Possible Release Date

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    [​IMG]

MacRumors reports today that according to some of its forum members, customer order statuses for the cellular versions of the iPad mini have been updated to show estimated delivery dates in Thanksgiving week, with some getting dates of November 21, and others getting dates of November 20. Also, other customers say that their fourth-gen cellular-enabled iPad minis are scheduled to arrive on November 23, aka Black Friday. More recently today, MacRumors has heard of one customer who has been told that his fourth-gen iPad will be delivered on November 16. Assuming that these dates are accurate, it is still not known when the cellular versions of either tablet will be available outside the US, although it is thought that it will be later in the month. MacRumors says that it has also heard that AT&T will be starting to sell the cellular models of the iPad mini and fourth-gen iPad on Friday, November 16.

Source: Cellular iPad Mini and iPad Models Arriving in U.S. Thanksgiving Week, AT&T Launching November 16? - Mac Rumors
  2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    My 64GB 4G iPad 4 is supposed to arrive Nov. 23. I received notice yesterday that it was going to ship within five business days, which makes for a surprising slow delivery. In any case, when I originally ordered, Apple said it was going to arrive on Nov. 26.

I figure it'll get here when it gets here. It's not like I'm waiting for a heart transplant, lol.
  3. Nemesis

Nemesis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got an update from Apple yesterday that said it would be delivered on November 23 (Black Friday). Since it's shipping to my work address I called Apple to have them change it, and instead they updated my shipping to have it delivered on the 21st. How awesome!

This iPad 1st-generation I have needs to be replaced so badly I can hardly wait 12 more days now that I have a delivery date.
  4. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here. The days pass too quickly. I'd be willing to wait longer for any iPad if only time would stretch, lol.
  5. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Mine date got moved up, but it doesn't help me since I'm planning to travel that day. Why is apple delivering on a holiday? Never a good idea, IMO.
  6. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Is yours getting delivered on Thanksgiving? If so, I feel bad for the delivery person, having to work.
  7. Nemesis

Nemesis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got a shipment notification from Apple this morning. Scheduled delivery is November 16. I'm sure that's to coincide with the actual release date.
  8. AQ_OC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    No, the date of arrive is Nov 21. I plan to be on travel the day before Thanksgivings. I think a lot of people travel around this time of year. Also, the letter sort of didn't make sense. If it shipped when they claimed it would, it should deliver before then, unless they purposely slow down the arrival. I hate when the do that. If it streets on Nov 16, I'll just go buy it at Best Buy and return the one they shipped to my local Apple Store.
  9. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    I got a delivery notice that didn't make sense, either. It would've meant that it would take about a week to deliver from date of pickup. That was the second delivery date that Apple gave me, moved up a few days from the original date it estimated when I ordered. But then I received a third delivery date yesterday. Now Apple says my iPad 4 4G is arriving Nov. 16, 10 days earlier than originally estimated. Maybe yours will be moved up, too. If not, maybe you could just call to postpone delivery till after your return.
  10. AQ_OC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    I didn't get a notice yesterday. On the 8th, the notice said they would ship in the next five business days. So, that would mean by Nov 15. When I check status, it still says delivery by Nov 21 (six days in delivery mode, not their usual), which is only two days ahead of what they originally said. You are right, though, I should postpone delivery. I will give them a couple more days then postpone.
  11. Nemesis

Nemesis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd be amazed if everyone's isn't moved up to the 16th (both mini and 4th gen). I preordered my 4th-gen on Nov. 5th. Some people here preordered on Oct. 26. Doesn't make much sense that you could get it sooner by going to the store than those who have waited for the preorder to ship. Also, Apple said Mid-November originally and they are keeping on that promise with this delivery date. They probably just picked a date about a week later to avoid "delaying" the shipping dates in case they weren't 100% ready yet.
  12. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Sounds similar to the scenario they laid out on my second delivery notice. Didn't make sense to me, but I figured it'd show up sooner or later, lol, and now it looks like it will be sooner.

In your place, I'd wait to postpone, too. Who knows, maybe you'll get an update, too.
  13. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    I figured delivery dates are just estimates till an item was actually picked up in China. But I've ordered from Apple prelaunch before, and they were better at estimates previously. No sweat, though. I can wait, even if delivery is later than at stores. I like to avoid hunting at stores.
  14. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Lol, now my iPad 4 is supposed to arrive Nov. 19. That's the fourth delivery date I've gotten for one device. I've requested a hold at a 24-hour FedEx storefront near me, whenever it arrives. Seems like they're having probs figuring out what they're doing. Good thing they're not involved in delivery organs for transplant or anything important, lol.
  15. AQ_OC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    :)

My LTE mini is now set to deliver this friday, Nov 16.
  16. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Great. Then you'll be able to take it traveling, which is ideal for LTE. Have you decided on a data plan?
  17. AQ_OC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Not yet...but I'm likely....going to go with the share everything, 6GB @ $140, plan with 3 devices. But I might decide to have two devices...not sure why I really need 3 yet. Or I might stick with what I have now. Thing is, every time I go on travel I want the LTE on for sure...and I like to get coffee on weekends with it on...the mini is way better for that!

I was in the apple store this morning...there was a big crowd of older ladies surrounding the mini table...not sure if there were a group or not, but they were all lovin on the mini. I stood there and watched the CC come out and the boxes leave the store. :) These ladies had to be mostly 50+ too.

I wanted to see how the finish was holding up on the black version. All of the ones they had out looked to be holding up pretty well. Of course, they have wooden tablets and some kind of neat stand...so no metal in sight to scratch them up.
  18. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    iPad demographics skew older, so that sounds about right with the crowd of older female buyers.

If you're going to use a case, is the finish likely to take a beating?

I'd guess that whatever device you'd take out most would be one that you'd want a data plan for. That's partly why I'm not buying a mini -- I want my full-size iPad for travel because of maps, so I keep my tablet data plan going, and I need my phablet data plan. I don't want to spring for another data plan that I probably won't use much, for a mini.

Looks like my Kindle Fire HD will arrive before my iPad. iPad isn't to arrive till Monday, but Fire is due Friday.
  19. Nemesis

Nemesis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would hope that the case isn't going to beat up the finish. I bought the Smart Case for my iPad 4th gen, and I'm really hoping I won't have to switch to just the smart cover and be extremely careful to not drop it. Then again, my original iPad just has a neoprene sleeve I keep it in (no screen protector), and in the 2.5 years I've had it it doesn't have a single scratch from use or accidental damage.

Depending on what carrier your data plan is from, you should look into the Data Sharing. While my iPhone 4S currently has unlimited data, I only use about 1.5G a month when I use the crap out of the 3G, and that's when I'm streaming music and looking up stuff on the internet constantly. You wouldn't necessarily need an 'additional' data plan with the shared data pool, it's just $10 a month for each additional device. That's definitely how I'm going to switch my plan over come later this month, it makes the most sense.

As for your delivery date, you must live in a place where it's tough for FedEx to get to you. My order shipped on the 12th, and says it will be here on the 16th at 10:30am. Last update was in Anchorage, AK and it shipped from Chengdu, CN.
  20. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    I have grandfathered unlimited on phone and iPad, and I pay less than $80 total a month, and I use a lot of data, so I'm not eager to switch to a shared data plan, which would cost more. I figured that if I were to add another data plan at low cost, I'd probably still be better off if I used it only occasionally.

I live in a major metro area, but have requested a hold at a FedEx office because I'll be away from home. My iPad left Chengdu and Anchorage already, too. I figure it'll show when it shows. I'm actually more eager to receive my Kindle Fire HD. This will be my third iPad, not courting iPhones and iPods, so not especially excited. Spoiled, lol.