What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cellular iPad Mini and iPad Fourth-Gen Get Possible Release Date

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_mini_pictures_leak.JPG

MacRumors reports today that according to some of its forum members, customer order statuses for the cellular versions of the iPad mini have been updated to show estimated delivery dates in Thanksgiving week, with some getting dates of November 21, and others getting dates of November 20. Also, other customers say that their fourth-gen cellular-enabled iPad minis are scheduled to arrive on November 23, aka Black Friday. More recently today, MacRumors has heard of one customer who has been told that his fourth-gen iPad will be delivered on November 16. Assuming that these dates are accurate, it is still not known when the cellular versions of either tablet will be available outside the US, although it is thought that it will be later in the month. MacRumors says that it has also heard that AT&T will be starting to sell the cellular models of the iPad mini and fourth-gen iPad on Friday, November 16.

Source: Cellular iPad Mini and iPad Models Arriving in U.S. Thanksgiving Week, AT&T Launching November 16? - Mac Rumors

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 64GB 4G iPad 4 is supposed to arrive Nov. 23. I received notice yesterday that it was going to ship within five business days, which makes for a surprising slow delivery. In any case, when I originally ordered, Apple said it was going to arrive on Nov. 26.

I figure it'll get here when it gets here. It's not like I'm waiting for a heart transplant, lol.

Nemesis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an update from Apple yesterday that said it would be delivered on November 23 (Black Friday). Since it's shipping to my work address I called Apple to have them change it, and instead they updated my shipping to have it delivered on the 21st. How awesome!

This iPad 1st-generation I have needs to be replaced so badly I can hardly wait 12 more days now that I have a delivery date.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an update from Apple yesterday that said it would be delivered on November 23 (Black Friday). Since it's shipping to my work address I called Apple to have them change it, and instead they updated my shipping to have it delivered on the 21st. How awesome!

This iPad 1st-generation I have needs to be replaced so badly I can hardly wait 12 more days now that I have a delivery date.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here. The days pass too quickly. I'd be willing to wait longer for any iPad if only time would stretch, lol.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine date got moved up, but it doesn't help me since I'm planning to travel that day. Why is apple delivering on a holiday? Never a good idea, IMO.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine date got moved up, but it doesn't help me since I'm planning to travel that day. Why is apple delivering on a holiday? Never a good idea, IMO.

Is yours getting delivered on Thanksgiving? If so, I feel bad for the delivery person, having to work.

Nemesis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got a shipment notification from Apple this morning. Scheduled delivery is November 16. I'm sure that's to coincide with the actual release date.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is yours getting delivered on Thanksgiving? If so, I feel bad for the delivery person, having to work.

No, the date of arrive is Nov 21. I plan to be on travel the day before Thanksgivings. I think a lot of people travel around this time of year. Also, the letter sort of didn't make sense. If it shipped when they claimed it would, it should deliver before then, unless they purposely slow down the arrival. I hate when the do that. If it streets on Nov 16, I'll just go buy it at Best Buy and return the one they shipped to my local Apple Store.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, the date of arrive is Nov 21. I plan to be on travel the day before Thanksgivings. I think a lot of people travel around this time of year. Also, the letter sort of didn't make sense. If it shipped when they claimed it would, it should deliver before then, unless they purposely slow down the arrival. I hate when the do that. If it streets on Nov 16, I'll just go buy it at Best Buy and return the one they shipped to my local Apple Store.

I got a delivery notice that didn't make sense, either. It would've meant that it would take about a week to deliver from date of pickup. That was the second delivery date that Apple gave me, moved up a few days from the original date it estimated when I ordered. But then I received a third delivery date yesterday. Now Apple says my iPad 4 4G is arriving Nov. 16, 10 days earlier than originally estimated. Maybe yours will be moved up, too. If not, maybe you could just call to postpone delivery till after your return.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got a delivery notice that didn't make sense, either. It would've meant that it would take about a week to deliver from date of pickup. That was the second delivery date that Apple gave me, moved up a few days from the original date it estimated when I ordered. But then I received a third delivery date yesterday. Now Apple says my iPad 4 4G is arriving Nov. 16, 10 days earlier than originally estimated. Maybe yours will be moved up, too. If not, maybe you could just call to postpone delivery till after your return.

I didn't get a notice yesterday. On the 8th, the notice said they would ship in the next five business days. So, that would mean by Nov 15. When I check status, it still says delivery by Nov 21 (six days in delivery mode, not their usual), which is only two days ahead of what they originally said. You are right, though, I should postpone delivery. I will give them a couple more days then postpone.

Nemesis

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'd be amazed if everyone's isn't moved up to the 16th (both mini and 4th gen). I preordered my 4th-gen on Nov. 5th. Some people here preordered on Oct. 26. Doesn't make much sense that you could get it sooner by going to the store than those who have waited for the preorder to ship. Also, Apple said Mid-November originally and they are keeping on that promise with this delivery date. They probably just picked a date about a week later to avoid "delaying" the shipping dates in case they weren't 100% ready yet.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't get a notice yesterday. On the 8th, the notice said they would ship in the next five business days. So, that would mean by Nov 15. When I check status, it still says delivery by Nov 21 (six days in delivery mode, not their usual), which is only two days ahead of what they originally said. You are right, though, I should postpone delivery. I will give them a couple more days then postpone.

Sounds similar to the scenario they laid out on my second delivery notice. Didn't make sense to me, but I figured it'd show up sooner or later, lol, and now it looks like it will be sooner.

In your place, I'd wait to postpone, too. Who knows, maybe you'll get an update, too.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd be amazed if everyone's isn't moved up to the 16th (both mini and 4th gen). I preordered my 4th-gen on Nov. 5th. Some people here preordered on Oct. 26. Doesn't make much sense that you could get it sooner by going to the store than those who have waited for the preorder to ship. Also, Apple said Mid-November originally and they are keeping on that promise with this delivery date. They probably just picked a date about a week later to avoid "delaying" the shipping dates in case they weren't 100% ready yet.

I figured delivery dates are just estimates till an item was actually picked up in China. But I've ordered from Apple prelaunch before, and they were better at estimates previously. No sweat, though. I can wait, even if delivery is later than at stores. I like to avoid hunting at stores.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, now my iPad 4 is supposed to arrive Nov. 19. That's the fourth delivery date I've gotten for one device. I've requested a hold at a 24-hour FedEx storefront near me, whenever it arrives. Seems like they're having probs figuring out what they're doing. Good thing they're not involved in delivery organs for transplant or anything important, lol.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol, now my iPad 4 is supposed to arrive Nov. 19. That's the fourth delivery date I've gotten for one device. I've requested a hold at a 24-hour FedEx storefront near me, whenever it arrives. Seems like they're having probs figuring out what they're doing. Good thing they're not involved in delivery organs for transplant or anything important, lol.

:)

My LTE mini is now set to deliver this friday, Nov 16.

Most reactions

Latest posts