What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recently reported iOS 7 iMessage failures could be fixed with a simple solution

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
13.10.01-iMessage.jpg

If you have recently upgraded your iPhone’s software to iOS 7 and have received some iMessage failures, then you should know you are not the only one. On Apple's Support Communities have started to appear multiple reports from iPhone owners who recently upgraded to iOS 7 and are experiencing issues with the iMessage service.​​

iPhone users have said on Apple’s forums that some of their iMessages are unsent, unreceived or sent incorrectly, which could be caused by a software glitch. Some of these issues date back to Sept. 18, when iOS 7 was released to the public, but even with the latest iOS 7.0.2 update, which went live last week, their frequency hasn’t stopped, which might indicate that Apple hasn’t found yet a way to fix this bug.

A temporary solution, also found by users themselves from Apple’s Support Communities, consists in the following procedure: disable iMessage in Settings -> Messages, reset the iPhone's Network Settings under Settings -> General -> Reset, then reenable iMessage. If it doesn’t work from the first time, try shutting down your iPhone for three to five minutes, as this has proven efficient for some users.

This method has been confirmed to fix the glitch for most iPhone users that are experiencing this issue, but there’s not yet a solution as simple for iPad owners. At the moment we’re not sure how widespread this issue is, but even a minor glitch can be very annoying. One can’t neglect the importance of a message conveyed at the right time.

What about you, our readers, can you confirm this issue? Have you been getting recently failures when using iMessage on your recently upgraded iPhone or iPad to iOS7?

Source: AppleInsider

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The one article I read said a restart was all that was needed. That was TUAW. I guess we'll learn more as the story develops.

silverado8405

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had issues, did the network reset and it's been good ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Mitten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMessage problem

Since updating to the most recent IOS 7.02(?), I cannot see my incoming messages in iMessage...I can read them only one at a time in the drop down notification. Pain in the rear!

Most reactions