iFile - The ultimate filesystem manager

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Applications & Tweaks' started by graywolf, Jun 21, 2011.

1. txteevee

txteevee iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry for the confusion. I only quoted that to get an answer from graywolf...

I am going to the ip address ifile gives to access iPad from your pc. When there I am trying to upload a custom theme. There are many files and folders to upload. Just seems like there has to be a better way than ONE FILE AT A TIME.....
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 0
    Oh, I see - thanks for clearing that up. :)

May I suggest, however, for mass movement such as what you're trying - use something like iFunbox. You hook your iPad up to the computer with the USB cord (with iTunes closed), start iFunbox and then you can drag/drop files all day long ... and in big batches, too. I've moved whole themes around (to and from the iPad) with one click after selection.

TBH, while iFile is great for working ON the iPad, I sure wouldn't want to use it to get stuff TO the iPad. A quick file transfer program like iFunbox is much easier. Of course, and as always ... YMMV.

Marilyn
  3. txteevee

txteevee iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats why you're a SUPER moderator! :). Thanks!
    Teresa
  4. matsuri

matsuri iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    heya, I wanted to ask if there is some two column file manager like totalcmd
    thx
  5. Zhang

Zhang iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    can ifile be used to move apps from ipad to sd card using camera kit. Ipad is jailbroken.
  6. NielNiel

NielNiel iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Excuse me, where can I find ifunbox?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  7. Mickey330

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 0
    iFunbox is a free computer program that is installed on your Windows or Apple computer. It can be downloaded from www.i-FunBox.com.

Marilyn
  8. JSims4

JSims4 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i <3 ifile & open ssh combo!
  9. IanHHH

IanHHH iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love ifile on the jailbroken ipad it should have been how the ipad was made in the first place.
    How do I download an image off the net (say with Safari or other browser) and save it directly to an SD card in my camera connection card. (Ipad 2 jailbroke with iFile)
    I have succesfully downloaded images into the ipad via Safari by saving the file but Safari does not allow me to select where the image goes. Then I have to transfer the files to the card and delete the files from the ipad.
    Thanks
  10. Mickey330

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 0
    As far as I can tell, there is no way to download directly to an SD card. I just tried it, using the Cydia tweak "Safari Download Manager." and, when offered the ability to change the file destination, the furthest back I could get in the folder hierarchy was /var/mobile. I was not able to "see" the SD card that I had mounted.

So, I don't think it's possible. I believe you still have to do the extra step of cutting/pasting. I could have missed a step, though, so I'm willing to be corrected, however... :) Or, maybe the same kind of tweak for the Chrome app can do it. I don't have that tweak, so I couldn't try it out.

Marilyn
  11. NielNiel

NielNiel iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  12. IanHHH

IanHHH iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for that. I will live with the limitation.
  13. DenAtTheDBM

DenAtTheDBM iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    A number of pages back in this thread someone asked about Numbers, or atleast about apps that seem to use an internal file database. The files don't show up in the app's Documents folder in iFile (or any file browser). What you can do with these apps though is to use the iTunes File Sharing option to export the current document to the Documents folder which then will be visible to iFile (or other file browsers).

In Pages, for example, open the desired document and tap the wrench icon in the top right corner, select Share and Print, then Send to iTunes, then the format you want (pages, word, pdf, etc) and the progress bar will indicate "sending...".

What it's really doing there is exporting the document to the Documents folder which is where iTunes on your desktop computer would find it if you sync with iTunes.

Now, if you navigate to that folder in iFile you will see the file and be able copy, cut and paste it wherever you like.

Also, if you edit a Pages file on your computer and want to transfer it to your iPad, just put it in the Pages->Documents folder and open the Pages app, tap the + icon at the top left, select "import from iTunes", select your file from the ones listed (contents of the Documents folder).
    • Like Like x 1
  14. kris1971

kris1971 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I need some help with Ifile, I have an iPad 2 jail broken 5.1.1 iOS. I paid for Ifile in cydia but I keep getting an error while trying to DL it. I have tried my iPhone 4s with same error. New to the forums so I am going to try and post a pic.

image-356117746.jpg
  15. Fid

Fid iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    On the jailbreaknow website I read that there three things to try to get rid of this error.
    1. Shutdown your iPad. Restart it and go to Cydia and try to download it.
    (I think that, maybe you should check to see if you have anything running in the background. If you do, shut them down.)
    2. Restart the network. Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings. Then reset your network hardware devices, router, modem, whatever.
    3. The third thing to do is to check your repo list. This step mainly had to do with if you had added a repository and were trying to download from that site. Since you are trying to get something from the standard Cydia repositories this one is probably not the problem.

Since you have problems with the download on two devices your problem may have to do with your network. Off the top of my head I think it seems unlikely.
    If I think of anything else, i'll post again here.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace
  16. kris1971

kris1971 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried all the things you suggested, no luck. I even went to one of those hack repositories and tried DL the free version of it. Same thing happen. I guess something in my iPad and iPhone don't agree with ifile. I will shut down my security tweaks and try again. Thx for your help so much, I will repost here if I get it to work.
  17. Fid

Fid iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    If you don't get it to work, I'll go into Cydia and attempt to reinstall. I think it is called Repair or something like that. I don't want to mess my install up, but if there is a problem the developer needs to know.

18. kris1971

kris1971 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well not sure what was different today, but it installed on both with no problem today :) thx for your help.
  19. Fid

Fid iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    You're welcome.
    Maybe it was the server wreaking havoc on us.
    I'm glad it worked today.

20. Greenback

Greenback iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have tried using this functionality to open an AVI file. All my video players are available for selection in the pop-up menu but none of them seem to do anything. Goodplayer, Aceplayer, VLC.... Nothing. The embedded video player at least attempts to do something but that doesn't play the AVI. Interestingly, while I have been searching for an answer to my problem, VLC has appeared 'randomly' and started playing the file in question.

I should also add that I can play the file from within VLC, no problem.

My version of iFile came from BigBoss and is fully registered. No errors were reported at any stage during either install or the unsuccessful 'open with' attempts. I've tried disabling and then re-enabling file viewers but to no avail. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Edit: I have logged this as a bug with the developer. Even after a reinstall of iFile, VLC and AcePlayer wll open and play the viedo occasionally but always after a LONG delay. The behaviour is inconsistent, so I'm leaning towards there being some sort of bug somewhere.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012