What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File Manager GoodReader V iFiles

icebun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am torn between using iFiles and Goodreader as the default file manager for my iPad.

Both do the same thing but with the following differences:-

Goodreader
Full PDF annotation
Support for iCloud storage
Full support for ios 5

iFiles
Std document viewer only
The only App I have seen that can create and manage folders on cloud storage sites (DropBox, SugarSync etc), something that GoodReader cannot do.
Can Bluetooth transfer between iPads

Any advice would be useful.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have iFiles, so I really can't make a good comparison for you.

I will, however, say that GoodReader can (and easily) access Dropbox for downloads and uploads. In addition, GoodReader has an "Open In..." function where almost any file I've put into GoodReader, I can open in another app.

Just so's you know...

Marilyn

jawbraker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been searching the forum for some of the file managers I have seen since I bought my iPad2. I do not see Ifile explorer listed at all. This one can allow your iPad to access your pc with the use of the IP address. I have not used this often only accessing my pc with this today for the first time. I installed iphone drive awhile back and was happy with the results for the most part even though it isn't very flashy. I have to ask myself why I would worry about this though. If I have this post in the wrong place please forgive me and I will do better next time.

Most reactions

Latest posts