What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ifile not properly working in ios 8 ?

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
in ios 7 all pen drives open properly through ifile but after updating my iPad Mini ios 7 to 8. Then all apps working fine but ifile not show my pen drives, other than this ifile also working fine like copy, paste & other functions.
Please help me thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you jailbroken? And, do you mean "iFile" - the jailbreak tweak that allows you to access the iPad file system?

Or, are you in the AppStore iFile app...?

Marilyn

OP
Dita

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for incomplete info

iDevice :- iPad Mini (1st Gen)
ios : 8.1.2
app : Cydia's iFile

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's okay. I thought so, but just wanted to make sure before I spouted off a bunch of non-relevant stuff. :)

Evidently, iOS 8 "messed" up the reading of memory cards and sticks formatted in ExFat (like you can/do for PCs). Evidently, it's HFS formatted memory sticks/cards that can be used on a jail broken iPad.

Here's a link to a conversation (on reddit) that talks bout this issue: http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/2k7cfe/cckmounting_drives_on_ios_8/

What I get from this is, only HFS-formatted sticks/cards will work ... and then not always.

Not the answer you are looking for, I'm sure. But, it's the only explanation I can find.

Marilyn

P.S. For the heck of it, I stuck an ExFat formatted card into my iPad. The camera roll opened to where I could have imported photos to the iPad. Seemed to be fine. I just couldn't get the card to show up in iFile.

P.P.S. And, since we're talking about a jail broken device, I've taken the liberty of moving this post over to our Hacking section. One, it fits best there and two, someone else with jailnreak experience may have more to add (and they'll see it there).

OP
Dita

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mickey330, for your quick reply & link

Can I format my memory stick or pen drive HFS format through pc or without Mac? (most probebly your answer is no)

Thanks for transfer this thread in hacking section. May be some one else solve this problem.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Mickey330, for your quick reply & link

Can I format my memory stick or pen drive HFS format through pc or without Mac? (most probebly your answer is no)

Thanks for transfer this thread in hacking section. May be some one else solve this problem.

Sorry, I don't know of a way to format a stick to HFS+ format using Windows.

Maybe a good Google session will help? I'm sure there are ways to do it, given the number of people in the world who like to use both PCs and Macs.

Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
Dita

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marliyn for your reply,
No sorry :) its fine

Last edited:

Most reactions