If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by JohnnyApple, Jan 18, 2010.

1. rajbox67

rajbox67
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Now in Application viewer,nice !!!

2. iJames

iJames
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone

3. Horcrux

Horcrux
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hello, I'm from Los Angeles. I got my first iPod when I was 18 it was the original Nano, that's when I fell in love with Apple. By 22 I got the original iPhone & a MacBook Pro. Today I have an iPhone 4s and a MacMini and waiting for my first ever iPad to arrive on the 16th of March.

4. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
    Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
    http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
    2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
    We have rules like any Community so please read these also
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

5. jellysee

jellysee
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi this is my introductory thread. Glad to be on board

6. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi Jelly,

Welcome to the iPadForum! This forum is loaded with invaluable information which contain topics including: General Discussion of the iPad, iPad Operating System, iPad App Store, Accessories, and Ipad for Business and Education.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country. See here:Regional iPad Groups

If you have not already done so, please take a moment to download the iPad Manual User Guide iOS 5. This is extremely helpful if you are new to the iPad world.
    http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Also, iBooks has the iOS 5 user manual here, which is nice to have in your library, iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.

How to post a new thread: Creating Posts and Starting New Threads - How To

Finally, please take the time to read the Forum Rules:
    Forum rules - everybody please read!!

Best Wishes and Enjoy!

#1926 skimonkey, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  7. alibe

alibe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Just found this forum. I am ogoing on vacation in Europe for a month and would like to know how to use the 3g feature there. Will my at&tplan work or will it cost too much?

8. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Your best bet would probably be to get local PAYG sims........you should be able to pick them up in or around most airports, ports, towns and cities.

The Archangel

9. fred1510

fred1510
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone. I've just registered and have a question.
    I updated mi iPhone to iOS 5.1 and the front icon shortcut for the camera is not working.
    Any suggestions?

10. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi Fred...

Have you tried to do the following?

Do the first 2 steps first. Save step 3 as a last resort.
    1. Force the app to close?
    2. Try to restart your iPad?
    3. Try to do a soft reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes funky. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!