1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by JohnnyApple, Jan 18, 2010.

1. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    The iPadForums.net community prides itself on being a friendly community geared towards learning all we can about the Apple iPad. To do this we like to promote a positive and professional atmosphere where people are not afraid to ask questions.

The only dumb question is the one unasked, so even if you are at the very beginner level you will find that we are here to assist and share knowledge together.

Please start an introduction thread in this section by clicking the "New Thread" button which looks like this:

[​IMG]

We've made the above links automatically for your assistance to make it easier to get your first thread started.

Tell us a bit about yourself, for example:

• Why are you interested in the iPad?
    • What are your hobbies?
    • What other gadgets are you using?

This will help us to better answer your questions as we will have a rough gauge as to your knowledge level.

Thanks for participating and we hope to see you back on the site on a regular basis!
    • Like Like x 12
  2. dncngber

dncngber iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    hello from dncngber in AZ I am retired, but my new career is a care-giver for my wife who is a patient in advanced stages of ALS.. I am very interested in the use of the I-pad for ALS patients or other persons with limited voice and voluntary muscle control. There are other specialty computer devices available, but I hope the I-pad will be an economical alternative..........
    • Like Like x 5
  3. jamaicaboy

jamaicaboy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello everybod jamaicaboy here!
  4. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Welcome guys!
  5. iRichard

iRichard iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I recently got the 3gs and fell in love with it, so now I'm thinking I've got to have one of these new ipads. I'm going to wait until I can get a 3G version though. Gonna be envious of those get their WiFi versions first.
  6. iBud

iBud iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YO!
    iBud here and excited about the fantastic iPad, got my first taste today and all I want is more.
    Man I'm gonna get one soon.
  7. kmattlin

kmattlin iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there...
    kmattlin here..I'm a recent convert to Apple products over the last 3 years..Started with an IMac..Loved it so got a 2G IPhone..Then a Macbook Pro 17 inch and Now have a 64G 3g IPad ordered..Of course I'm Retired...!!!

By the way I consider the IPad to be part of the category of computer that I call TABSLATES..This is what some call tablets and others call slates so we call them all TABSLATES and of course Apple's IPad is the Mother Of ALL TABSLATES...!!!!
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  8. Xtrainer

Xtrainer iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, Xtrainer here. Originally went to Apple Store to buy an iPad for my wife's birthday and ended up walking out with 2 iPads.
  9. Cmart4

Cmart4 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,
    Got one for my 46th birthday.... Gotta admit, it's very cool.... Biggest challenge is trying to get some time with it as I've got 6 and 12year old boys

Chris
  10. cdt1

cdt1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello from Manila

Hi all. I got a 64GB today and had just opened the box. I joined so I can learn more. Thanks!
  11. GrendelPrime

GrendelPrime iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I picked up a second-hand iPod (3rd gen?) years back that was my gateway drug.
    I progressed to an iPod video, then picked up the G4 Mac Mini, 1st gen iPhone (still using), and an Intel Mini.
    Working in a Windows shop (my bread and butter), I catch flak for the Mac stuff, but no more-so than the Ubuntu guys.
    Planning to have a 3G iPad in my hands by early May, and doing my research to fill the time.
  12. Katilea

Katilea iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello from UK

Hi

I am Kati from UK. I wondered if you would mind me picking your brains for info as you already have the iPad over in the US!

I am hoping to get an iPad when it comes out here at end of May. I want to use it for Assistive Technology, it will have the Proloquo2go text-to-speech app on.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if you can alter screen sensitivity on iPad so its not over sensitive and wouldn't activate a button/icon I caught accidentally whilst trying to press a different one? (I have difficulties with co-ordination)

I also need a tough case just in case its dropped off knee (am wheelchair user), one that also has a stand would be good so I can prop it up on a table indoors to communicate with or have it on lap outdoors I would like pink.

Anyone know what the screen glare is like for outside as touchscreens are not usually good outdoors? (I can never see Nintendo DS screen to use in garden!)

Thanks

Kati
  13. vlustig

vlustig iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everybody !!!

Im from Brazil and I love the iPad !
  14. debbie

debbie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    shipping internationally

I am new to this forum and new to Apple, but I plan to get the Ipad when the 3g comes available. I do have a question that some of you may be able to answer. I have a cousin in Germany that has MS and has asked me to send him and Ipad. I have been told by folks at a Best Buy store that customs is not allowing them in prior to the official release date. Is this true?
  15. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +460 / 0
    Welcome on board enjoy your stay.

I know israel is a problem but have mo idea about other countries.
    Cheers col down under

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. torero

torero iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello from Manila!

Hi! Waiting for my iPad 3G to arrive in May--- that is if Apple doesn't cancel my order. There are a whole lot of hoops to jump through nowadays just to get one's hands on this device overseas :( Looking forward to learning a few things here. Cheers! Oh, this is coming to you from Manila, by the way.
  17. Katilea

Katilea iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm waiting till they come to UK officially but I hope they will be able to get some over here cos of the problems with no planes been allowed to land/take off cos of the volcanic cloud from Iceland.

I tried to send birthday parcel to South Africa last week but the man says he has no idea if it would get there in time as planes had been grounded again after they allowed some flights to go last week, but I never thought about airmail and products coming in from other countries I thought it would only affect passengers going on and coming back from their holidays!

As I never go on plane I thought it didn't affect me till I relaised iPad's are probably made in US (even UK versions) and shipped here!! AARRGGHHH!! :(
  18. iPad Dreamer

iPad Dreamer iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Soon to be owner of a iPad

I've held off on buying an iPad because I use a Sony Reader - which I really love. Also having the option to place the books on a SD Card is great for keeping multiple books on the device all the time - space is not an issue with this option.

I own a number of Apple products, between myself and boyfriend, - 3 iphones, 7 ipods (various generations), and the list goes on. The iPad is under serious consideration, but I want to know if I can bring over my eBooks from my Sony Reader to the iPad.

I visited the Apple Store and the sales associate said it should be able to because their is a Sony Reader App on their website. But I didn't see it. So, if anyone happens to know for certain it that is available, please tell me where I can find that.

... and even if I can't I may still get the iPad because it's just to cool a device to play with anyway. :ipad-peacock:
  19. Earl L

Earl L iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello I'm Earl from MD, waiting on my 3g to come
  20. Tigara

Tigara iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Everyone!! I am waiting for my 3G 64GB to ship :D Joined the forum to read and learn all about my new toy. I have had the itouch for a while and love it.