What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPadForums.net community prides itself on being a friendly community geared towards learning all we can about the Apple iPad. To do this we like to promote a positive and professional atmosphere where people are not afraid to ask questions.

The only dumb question is the one unasked, so even if you are at the very beginner level you will find that we are here to assist and share knowledge together.

Please start an introduction thread in this section by clicking the "Error | Apple iPad Forum" button.

We've made the above link automatically for your assistance to make it easier to get your first thread started.

Tell us a bit about yourself, for example:

• Why are you interested in the iPad?
    • What are your hobbies?
    • What other gadgets are you using?

This will help us to better answer your questions as we will have a rough gauge as to your knowledge level.

Thanks for participating and we hope to see you back on the site on a regular basis!

Last edited by a moderator:

dncngber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello from dncngber in AZ I am retired, but my new career is a care-giver for my wife who is a patient in advanced stages of ALS.. I am very interested in the use of the I-pad for ALS patients or other persons with limited voice and voluntary muscle control. There are other specialty computer devices available, but I hope the I-pad will be an economical alternative..........

iRichard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I recently got the 3gs and fell in love with it, so now I'm thinking I've got to have one of these new ipads. I'm going to wait until I can get a 3G version though. Gonna be envious of those get their WiFi versions first.

iBud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YO!
iBud here and excited about the fantastic iPad, got my first taste today and all I want is more.
Man I'm gonna get one soon.

kmattlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there...
kmattlin here..I'm a recent convert to Apple products over the last 3 years..Started with an IMac..Loved it so got a 2G IPhone..Then a Macbook Pro 17 inch and Now have a 64G 3g IPad ordered..Of course I'm Retired...!!!

By the way I consider the IPad to be part of the category of computer that I call TABSLATES..This is what some call tablets and others call slates so we call them all TABSLATES and of course Apple's IPad is the Mother Of ALL TABSLATES...!!!!

Last edited:

Xtrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, Xtrainer here. Originally went to Apple Store to buy an iPad for my wife's birthday and ended up walking out with 2 iPads.

Cmart4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
Got one for my 46th birthday.... Gotta admit, it's very cool.... Biggest challenge is trying to get some time with it as I've got 6 and 12year old boys

Chris

cdt1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello from Manila

Hi all. I got a 64GB today and had just opened the box. I joined so I can learn more. Thanks!

GrendelPrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up a second-hand iPod (3rd gen?) years back that was my gateway drug.
I progressed to an iPod video, then picked up the G4 Mac Mini, 1st gen iPhone (still using), and an Intel Mini.
Working in a Windows shop (my bread and butter), I catch flak for the Mac stuff, but no more-so than the Ubuntu guys.
Planning to have a 3G iPad in my hands by early May, and doing my research to fill the time.

Katilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello from UK

Hi

I am Kati from UK. I wondered if you would mind me picking your brains for info as you already have the iPad over in the US!

I am hoping to get an iPad when it comes out here at end of May. I want to use it for Assistive Technology, it will have the Proloquo2go text-to-speech app on.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if you can alter screen sensitivity on iPad so its not over sensitive and wouldn't activate a button/icon I caught accidentally whilst trying to press a different one? (I have difficulties with co-ordination)

I also need a tough case just in case its dropped off knee (am wheelchair user), one that also has a stand would be good so I can prop it up on a table indoors to communicate with or have it on lap outdoors I would like pink.

Anyone know what the screen glare is like for outside as touchscreens are not usually good outdoors? (I can never see Nintendo DS screen to use in garden!)

Thanks

Kati

debbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shipping internationally

I am new to this forum and new to Apple, but I plan to get the Ipad when the 3g comes available. I do have a question that some of you may be able to answer. I have a cousin in Germany that has MS and has asked me to send him and Ipad. I have been told by folks at a Best Buy store that customs is not allowing them in prior to the official release date. Is this true?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
debbie said:
I am new to this forum and new to Apple, but I plan to get the Ipad when the 3g comes available. I do have a question that some of you may be able to answer. I have a cousin in Germany that has MS and has asked me to send him and Ipad. I have been told by folks at a Best Buy store that customs is not allowing them in prior to the official release date. Is this true?
Welcome on board enjoy your stay.

I know israel is a problem but have mo idea about other countries.
Cheers col down under

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts