If I use my friend's AT&T sim card, will it activate my phone?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by shayne keator, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shayne keator

shayne keator iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I need a little help. I have a iphone 3gs. I had the 5.1 tethered jailbreak, but decided to try for the untethered 5.1.1 jailbreak. I upgraded my iphone to the 5.1.1 firmware and then downloaded absinthe 2.0.1.

I did what the absinthe directions said to do, which was: "Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster."

I started the absinthe jailbreak and then i got an error saying,"The attached device is not activated. You need to activate it before it can be used with Absinthe."

What did I do wrong, and what should I do to fix it? I have a TMobile sim card so obviously I can't activate an iphone with that. The original owner/friend that gave me this iphone has an AT&T sim card, but it's for the iphone 4, so it won't fit this phone right? I have another friend with an AT&T sim card. Will his sim card work to activate my phone? Will it mess up his sim card if I try to use it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +748 / 0
    Hi Shayne,

You may be better trying our sister site here http://www.iphoneforums.net/ as they deal exclusively with iPhones.

The Archangel

3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,065 / 0
    And, since "here there be iPads," this thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding and good luck over at the iPhone Forum. They are a nice bunch over there ... knowledgeable too. I am sure they will be able to help.

Marilyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.