1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iCloud email problems

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by will.vandenoort, Oct 12, 2011.

1. will.vandenoort

will.vandenoort iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

Had an absolute nightmare with Apple today - endless number of errors trying to install iOS 5 on my iPad and iPhone 4. Ended up putting the iPad in DFU mode and updating it that way round.

I went through the setting up process, and created a new iCloud address (@me.com), while also having a gmail account registered to the iPad. I want to switch from gmail to iCloud for email, but I'm having some problems. Some emails are coming through - for example, I registered on this website through my @me address... however, when I tried to activate the email address to Facebook it wouldn't receive anything (even though I got an email on my gmail account acknowledging that I'd requested a change to my Facebook email). Also, I tried emailing my iCloud address from my gmail account, but to no avail.

Why is everything so hit and miss? I really want to use the iCloud mail but obviously I can't do so if I can't trust it to receive and send emails!

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance - hope this all made sense...

Will