What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud already working

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad iTunes surprised me today when it showed that all my songs from my Mac iTunes are already now in the iCloud and with a single tap I can select which to download to my iPad iPod. Thanks Apple. This is easier and sooner than I expected.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Montereybob said:
My iPad iTunes surprised me today when it showed that all my songs from my Mac iTunes are already now in the iCloud and with a single tap I can select which to download to my iPad iPod. Thanks Apple. This is easier and sooner than I expected.

Hey Bob. Also notice the new "Purchased" menu item in App Store. :)

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed the other day that some of the songs that I downloaded on my iPhone 4, were automatically sent OTA to my iPad 2 without having to connect it to iTunes. I don't know how others feel about this, but I love it!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Irish Rose said:
I noticed the other day that some of the songs that I downloaded on my iPhone 4, were automatically sent OTA to my iPad 2 without having to connect it to iTunes. I don't know how others feel about this, but I love it!

Really, already?! I'm going to check that out.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
Really, already?! I'm going to check that out.

Info, in order for this to work you have to go into your settings menu on the iPad, select "store"' then change the automatic downloads to ON in that menu. After that, any books, songs, or apps that are iPad compatible that you download from your iPhone should go to your iPad as well. I have noticed a few apps that didn't get downloaded, but those were specifically meant for the iPhone which could explain why they didn't.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Irish Rose said:
Info, in order for this to work you have to go into your settings menu on the iPad, select "store"' then change the automatic downloads to ON in that menu. After that, any books, songs, or apps that are iPad compatible that you download from your iPhone should go to your iPad as well. I have noticed a few apps that didn't get downloaded, but those were specifically meant for the iPhone which could explain why they didn't.

Oh, I see. Done! I didn't expect those features to be implemented so soon. Thanks for the explanation.

Hmmm... how come you know so much Irish Rose? ;)

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iErtas said:
I put the Automatik to "on" and now?

Do the same thing in your iPhone if you want iPad purchases to automatically load into it. The same three choices are there. I just downloaded a song on one device and it automatically went into the other... nice! :)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Irish Rose said:

Oh, I see. Done! I didn't expect those features to be implemented so soon. Thanks for the explanation.

She really does. And she just joined.:)

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Yes, maybe she is a developer. And I thought that iOS5 was going to be necessary for these features to work, it surprised me that it all seems to be working quite well already. I guess it was all iCloud stuff from the beginning. I wonder if anything else is working. :)

Last edited:

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't think I know all there is to know but have learned most of what I know now by researching informative forums such as this one, as well as other Apple news sites. My co-workers tell me I should be in the technical field instead of being a Nurse, Because of how much I talk about tech related things. lol :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts